How's your Garden ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have luffas!! Obviously, they're still little but the plants are thriving and there are numerous luffas coming... and a lot more flowers coming. I'm excited!

20190730_074457.jpg 20190730_074506.jpg 20190730_074615.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190723_112625973.jpg
    IMG_20190723_112625973.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 4
As far as non-luffa plants: our peas, carrots, and edamame were productive but done a while back. Blueberries were good too. Zucchini were great but got taken out by vine borers. Tomatoes and cukes are in full swing. Grapes just got harvested. Fig trees are loaded this year! Plenty to eat for all, and share, everyday. Butternuts volunteered and produced well.

Potatoes were meager... Ants got to some of them. Was able to fight off curl with some soap water spray.

Bean beetles decimated my yellow beans. Will try again.

This is the first time growing ground cherries. Hope we like them :)

Wow, cool! What zone are you? I'm in 8A and mine haven't flowered yet, but they aren't in complete full sun. The trellis is as tall as I am, and they wrap around the back as well:
I'm in zone 5. Our temps over the last week or so have been in the low 30's C (high 80's, low 90's) and they're in full sun for part of the day.

I think the Mystery flower I have in m garden is a Wondering Jew?
I planted some free blobs of leaves, dark green/purplish low growing small 1-2 inch leaves a few years ago.
You can kind of see it in the 1st pic above, just to the right of the open bottom Echinacea. It has brighter green leaves but the flower in that pic has not come out yet

Yep, that's what that is. But you don't want it where it can take over the lawn. It is gorgeous in a hanging planter, though. Just a waterfall of greenery.

I have harvested the last of the spring tomatoes and cucumbers, and planted the fall ones. I have zucchini planted (the squash bugs/vine borers killed all the spring plants). I have the brassicas planted with carrots and green onions. I am so lucky to live where there are two growing seasons!

Latest posts

Back