How to ship soap w/o fragrances blending?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChristinaB

Reaction score
I don't sell soap and I won't be; strictly a hobby for me! I would like to ship some of my soaps to family/friends that have been asking since my first batches, but I don't know how to mix multiple bars in one box without the different fragrances blending together?! I'd rather not ship in separate boxes if I don't have to.

Can anyone suggest how you prepare your soaps for shipping, and then how do you box them? Paper shreds, bubble, wrap? Thank you!

My soaps don't pick up fragrances from each other. Sure it may have a very temporary transfer, but nothing that a few minutes won't take care of.

How are you packaging the individual bars?

Oh, great! Thank you! I don't even know how to package the bars? I thought about wrapping in tissue paper, then using packing shreds in a cardboard box, but that's why I was afraid the scents would blend; that the tissue paper wouldn't keep them contained.

But then, I worried also that wrapping them in plastic baggies would make them soft and fishy smelling for a few days until they dried back out (because of the heat in shipping?) I took some to my son at college and this is what happened in my trunk, but after we took them out of the baggies that fishy smell went away and they felt like cured bars of soap again after a few hours. I'm guessing that's just because the plastic kept them so airtight, which I'm sure is not a good thing?!

It's always the little details that give me the most grief! :lol:

How SHOULD I be packaging them for shipping? Is there a best way? Thanks again!

I agree.....Tissue paper or kraft paper. I have NEVER had any problems with soaps absorbing the scent of other soaps....not even when I mix a strong floral with something like eucalyptus. When the box is opened, all the scents waft together but once they are removed, they still keep their own scents.

I have a 30lb box waiting to ship to Clean the World. I just separated the layers with freezer paper cause that's what I had. I check them occasionally to make sure they'll all still good until I get the money to ship it and the scents aren't mixing at all.

Latest posts

Back