How many batches have you made this year?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many soap batches completed this year so far?

• 50 or more

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • 21-50

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • 11-20

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • 6-10

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • 0-5

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
About 15 batches, I guess. I started CP soaping in late August. As for MP, like, a billion. Is a billion an option?

250+ batches. Went through 150 lbs of lye. Never seems like I am selling much soap until I figure out how many supplies I have gone though

I've been ordering lye in 32 pound increments. If we get into a specific show? I'll likely need to have close to 1000 bars ready for it. I kinda want to puke thinking about it. I'm going to need bigger molds, and more of them.

As for number of batches? Somewhere around 75 or so.

I've been ordering lye in 32 pound increments. If we get into a specific show? I'll likely need to have close to 1000 bars ready for it. I kinda want to puke thinking about it. I'm going to need bigger molds, and more of them.

You are very fortunate if you have a show that will need that many. I do take that many to my 5 day holiday fair but they never sell out. My batches are 5-6 lbs depending on how tall I pour

Last edited:

The inside of a dresser drawer worked for me. Some will be the exact dimension you need if it is ever an emergency.

You are very fortunate if you have a show that will need that many. I do take that many to my 5 day holiday fair but they never sell out. My batches are 5-6 lbs depending on how tall I pour

It isn't a standard craft show. It is for a specific hobby, unrelated to soaping. We've done a teeny tiny local show and done well at it. If we get into this one, we would be the only B&B vendor at a venue where people drop some serious money. I'm thinking we need to have a few hundred lotion bars too.

My molds hold 12 bars of soap each and of the big sellers, I do 4 molds at a time. So, lots and lots of prep will be needed for this.

30 at least. Not counting the bad ideas that I had. Those are hidden in a shoe box under the craft table. I gave around 100 bars for Christmas last year. Teachers, postman, gardener, yardman, neighbor.....

Holy moly, just when I thought I was accelerating away from reality like a helium clown in the wind, I now feel totally under control. Hooray, I can keep going!! Thanks you guys!

I'm at 26 batches, without selling a single bar. Completely acceptable and normal. Wohoo! I'm freeeeeeeeee!

Over 75 batches. I always make 2-3 batches at a time and make soap 1-2 days a week. I donate to the local food pantry too.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1416327313.384749.jpg

<Snort> I caught this show for the first time visiting my daughter at college. My first thought: the woman is like a clown car - they just keep coming out! It's nice to know I can still embarrass her in front of her friends.

Embarrassing your children is one of those joys of motherhood that they don't mention in books ;)

Back