How many bars do you have curing?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funastrum

Reaction score
Today I was in my soap studio, and I had the thought: I wonder how many bars the "normal" soap maker has curing at any one time. I figure this will vary greatly due to some owning businesses, newbies, etc, but I am still curious!
I counted 360 CP bars today on my curing racks (not including packaged, ready for sale soaps) which is a bit low for me... The holidays hit hard and I am still recovering! I'd like to get that number closer to 1000 by the end of the month.
How about everyone else? How deep is your soap making addiction?

I am a hobbyist. Currently I had about 40 bars curing, but many more that are ready to go. I am currently making a bunch of 40 oz batches - 40 ounces uses up 2 ounces of FO, and I got a bunch during Christmas/January sales.

I am so far behind from the holidays, too. I probably have the same amount as you funastrum.

I just took a quick count and am at about 525 bars curing... Gearing up for a big show in June and need to get another 1000+ bars made by April 1st.

Im almost completely out..havent been soaping for a couple months now cuz of this blasted shoulder..but Im growing more and more frustrated and will prolly go on a mad soaping spree soon...I have around 40 bars I guess

I didn't get to soap around the holidays since things were so hectic, and my relatives cleared me out of almost everything that was already cured. Right now, I've just got around 30 bars. I'm just a hobbyist though and make 2-4 lbs at a time.

That number is going to grow significantly this week. DH and daughter are going on a trip... I have ONE WHOLE WEEK of the house to myself.

Planned batches:

4 variations of eczema relief soap (supplies finally arrived)
Beer Soap
Pumpkin Soap
Pine Tar
A fun soap... cupcakes or coffee scrubby... haven't decided yet

I'm also making bubble bars, lotion bars, bath truffles and bath bombs.

I have 146 bars curing at the moment. And about 30+ in molds waiting to be set free tomorrow morning. :)

I hadn't thought to count until this thread! I've been counting the various types - floral, fruity, masculine, etc. I knew it had to be up more than normal since my curing area is full and I'm scouting around for more space for the ones I cut today. It looks like I've got about 500 right now. I'm a soaping lunatic I think! I had to make up for not being able to soap for almost a month during the holidays. I was in withdrawals!

I am also a hobbyists, there might be around 40 at the most. All of them are pretty curer and ready to use. I only make soap for us and other family members.
Semester is starting soon and I will be away a lot so I'm not planning on making more soap for few months unfortunately.
I hope by April our supplies will go significantly low and I will have reason to soap quite a bit. ;)

LOL, I have 4 bars curing.(Shampoo bars) I soaped like a crazy person back in October so it would be ready for Christmas, then I supervised my son making more soap between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so now I get to rest on my laurels for a few more weeks. I have enough cured bars to last me a 2 or 3 months, easy. I get my soaping fix by making liquid soap of this type or that. I am going to make some liquid hand soap paste probably next week.

I currently have about 24 bars that are curing, and 24 bars that are fully cured. Shamefully low numbers for a professed soap addict, I know. :oops: :) But soap making is just a hobby for me, I don't sell, just make it for family and friends. Although I wouldn't mind if I had time to make soap every day, I have no idea what I would do with so much soap, but it would be fun!

I generally have between 300-400 soaps curing not counting those that are already wrapped and labeled. However, I haven't soaped (except 1 batch of liquid and 1 shave) since October. I so need to light a fire under my behind to get ready for my markets and shows that start in June. Unfortunately due to some family health issues not sure when I'll get to it. Hopefully come February sometime I can ramp up my production and get it done.

I'm just a hobbyist but gave so many bars away as gifts at Christmas, along with a matching sugar scrub and body lotion that I just had to make more to stock the cupboards up! I counted and was shocked I had 98 bars curing! As some need a year's cure I decided to reassure myself that it wasn't so many. After all there are so many recipes and ideas that I need to try, I could squeeze in a few more!

Latest posts

Back