How do you FORGET to add your fragrance?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeoplum

Reaction score
OMG! I've always gotten tickled at people who admit to getting their soap in the mold and realizing they forgot their fragrance. I couldn't imagine, for the life of me, how that could happen.

Now I know. :oops:

I was GOING to make a batch of Black Raspberry Vanilla. I had all my measuring cups out so I could do 3 colors. The base would be a mauvy pink, then I'd swirl in some uncolored batter along with some dark purplish mauvy color. It was an ordeal and my trace was getting thick so I was hurrying. It turned out to be more of a marble than a swirl but I was overall happy with it. Then as I'm pouring it into the mold I realized something didn't seem right. Well DUH....I forgot the FO!!!

So now I'll have a pretty colored unscented soap. Wahh!

How do you name a soap without scent? Whatever I decide to call it will be lead the potential sniffer to conjure up in their mind what they're about to expect and before I'll be able to catch them and say "No, wait....it's unscented" they will have already sniffed (I know this because I've seen people with my unscented Castile soap).

I'm going back to clean up now. Grrr.

zeo

maybe you could give it a tag line like "Who says unscented soap has to be plain?" or something like that

sorry about your FO

It will be beautiful and no one will miss the scent . Eau Natural is a good thing .I have missed adding the FO , usually because everything starts to move very fast .I always have everything ready but stuff happens :D

x

i feel your pain! (been there, done that!) :roll:

how about "BARE NEKKID SOAP"?

it would give them something to think about! :D

oh been there done that more than once. more than twice, actually.

but there are folks who appreciate good and lovely soaps but aren't into scent - so those folks benefit!

Back