How do I use honey powder?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobysmom

Reaction score
my partner bought it becuse she thought it s ounded interesting and was on sale. We are both new at soap making and have no idea what to do with it. HELP!!!!

You just add a lil scoop to your soap oils or water to make honey. :) I have no idea, but I am sure it's that easy. It has ot be, right? :D

If you scroll to the bottom of this page, there are links to other threads about honey powder as well. Personally, I don't think I would use it in soap, but you can make "love dust" out of it! :shock:

I used it to make body powder or 'honey dust' or 'love dust' as new12soap called it :) I mixed it 1:1 with corn starch and added lip balm flavouring. I have no idea how to use it in soap though, if you figure something out and give it a try let us know!

I used it to make body powder or 'honey dust' or 'love dust' as new12soap called it :) I mixed it 1:1 with corn starch and added lip balm flavouring. I have no idea how to use it in soap though, if you figure something out and give it a try let us know!
Just curious misskat22, how much lip balm flavoring did you use?

You could reconstitute it and use it like you would normal honey. I keep thinking that I will open up a can from our food storage and try it in soap just to learn from it, but then I realize that I really don't want to open a #10 can of honey just for a batch of soap!

To reconstitute use 1 cup of honey powder to 1/4 water. Add water slowly and heat on low to dissolve sugars. **Note: This is if your honey powder consists of honey and fructose. Some have maltodextrin instead of fructose, which is still like a sugar (made from corn starch, main ingredient in splenda) but I don't know if the directions would be the same. Maltodextrin is also a thickening agent so I'm not sure if that would make a difference.

Three_Little_Fishes, I thought the same thing about my #10 cans and found the little "Everyday" cans which are perfect. They only contain about 2 cups of product. I buy these whenever I want to "sample" new product.

I've found that reconstituting with my recipe liquid worked best as everyone else has said.

I just ordered it had had it delivered a few minutes ago. I hopped on here to get some ideas because i ended up ordering an entire pound of it and needed a few other ideas besides my original. I bought it with the intention to use it in face scrubs and masks. A little concerned about the over heating in the soap process though... Would I just need to freeze it? If so how long? I also read that it will darken your soap considerably, true?

Back