How big are your CP Soaps?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just measured mine. They are about 2.5 x 3.5 x 1, after a few weeks of cure time. They weigh in around 4.5 ounces I think. I handcut so it still varies a bit.

I do like the big chunky bars personally for my self. I recently switched to making smaller bars because it was requested many times they were just too big and too hard to handle. My bars are 3.5x3x.75. My cutter miter box I bought cuts 3/4 inch soaps. I plan on selling them in a double pack so they will still equal about 6-7 ounces. I thought of creating some variety packs too for the market, we will see how they sell.

My bars are typically 4.5 - 5 oz. but I think that's a great idea to make smaller bars and package them as a 2 pack. I do buy other people's soap at markets and craft fairs to try and as a customer I'd be really interested in smaller "sets" of soap.

I make all 2 oz bars. I don't yet know how that's going to go over selling, since I've just begun selling again.

The soap I make in my slab molds end up being between 5.5 and 6 oz. The soap I make in the log/loaf molds tend to run closer to 5-5.5 an ounce.

Yeah the two pack is really genius ruby. Great idea actually. I for my sizes, I will be selling the mold I just bought. It's a touch too small. Just bought one that's just the right size. Bars will be 3.5x2.5 and I will cut them 1 1/8 thick.

Yeah the two pack is really genius ruby. Great idea actually. I for my sizes, I will be selling the mold I just bought. It's a touch too small. Just bought one that's just the right size. Bars will be 3.5x2.5 and I will cut them 1 1/8 thick.

How many ounces does it hold? I want a smaller mold!

My bars are 3.5 wide and anywhere from 2.5 to 2.75 tall. I just ordered one of Bud's cutters for a 1" cut, so I'm going to say that they will be between 4.5 and 5 oz

I, too, love the 2-pack idea!! We could simply cut our regular bars in half and package them as a set. Love it!

Also, does anyone sell sample size bars, like at shows or the farmers' market?

Latest posts

Back