HOTH - added extras

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My cardigan, just finished - 2 weeks,3 days to do.

IMG_20230825_154451.jpg IMG_20230825_155004.jpg
Front

A few others -

IMG_20230826_150302.jpgIMG_20230826_145847.jpgIMG_20230826_151203.jpgIMG_20230826_151353.jpgIMG_20230826_152302.jpg

Showed the front and back on the first two, the front is straight at the hem and the back goes to V shape. The last one finished a month ago, made in two pieces and seemed up the back, added extra length to the sleeves.

A few others -

View attachment 74262View attachment 74263View attachment 74264View attachment 74265View attachment 74267

Showed the front and back on the first two, the front is straight at the hem and the back goes to V shape. The last one finished a month ago, made in two pieces and seemed up the back, added extra length to the sleeves.

Wow, between you & @KiwiMoose I am freaking out....in the best possible way!

Those are amazing! ❤️

Do you sell these? If so, how much is the one on the bottom? 😂

A few others -

View attachment 74262View attachment 74263View attachment 74264View attachment 74265View attachment 74267

Lovely Crochet work! I am mostly a knitter, and can see a knit jacket I did on your first set of pictures! I will have to go through my pictures to show it to you.

Wow, between you & @KiwiMoose I am freaking out....in the best possible way!

Those are amazing! ❤️

Do you sell these? If so, how much is the one on the bottom? 😂
Sorry, no I don't sell these. Figured it was about time to make what I want for myself, instead of others and nobody would pay me enough for the time it took to make them. Over 40 hrs work in the top one and I crochet at warp speed. The middle ones 1 week to crochet and 1 week to do the fringe, the last one over 40 hrs, plus cost of yarn.

Sorry, no I don't sell these. Figured it was about time to make what I want for myself, instead of others and nobody would pay me enough for the time it took to make them. Over 40 hrs work in the top one and I crochet at warp speed. The middle ones 1 week to crochet and 1 week to do the fringe, the last one over 40 hrs, plus cost of yarn.

That's so sad 😥 but I understand the reason why. Many of the things I make I don't sell because the amount of time, effort & labour involved, not to mention cost of raw materials, is something people could not possibly appreciate, and then be willing to pay an appropriate price for.

If you change your mind at any point, please let me know. That bottom design, as well as the colours, are absolutely my thing! ❤️

@Relle at first I mis-read your post to say you had 40 years of work in each one. :oops:😅 Still, 40 hours is quite an investment of time. You'd be surprised though what people will pay for something handmade that is as unique and downright beautiful as those cardigans.

🥰 Love Love Love your work! Especially that blue & purple one! But then, the artist in me is partial to any hand crafted work! I snatched up a poncho type piece at a thrift store for $10 and let me tell you this piece is HEAVY! I will also say I have no clue how to tell the difference between crochet and knitting, but it's a pretty solid piece while also having a somewhat open design to it (?) And fringe! When I saw it I thought it would be perfect for snuggling up with a good book ~ then I moved to Florida where it's hot all the time 😄 but I can't bare to part with it. I'll try to add a picture later if I remember.

Found it! Now that I see it again, it think it's knitting, and it's not as open as I remember (I guess I was thinking of another piece I had) but I do love this one ~ I know someone put a lot of time and yarn into it and I just can't bring myself to part with it even though it's too warm for it here 😓

Attachments

• 20230828_091755.jpg
    20230828_091755.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
These are lovely!

I will say that they were not what I was expecting to see. I saw “HOTH” and immediately thought of Star Wars. 😆
Wouldn't have a clue about star wars, I put it in capital letters because it's an acronym.
Ok, I'll 'fess up... I honestly don't know what HOTH stands for in regards to the cardigans OR Star Wars. Someone help a girl out here, please!
Hot off the hook - crochet term. Finishing off UFO's as we speak, I'll let you look that one up and post when I'm done.

Latest posts

Back