Honey in Lard Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsnbubbles

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has put honey in your lard soap? Just want to make sure the honey smell comes through.

I've been told, and it's my limited experience with honey, that the honey smell never comes through enough to notice, have to use a honey FO to give a good honey scent.

It won't come through, but that has nothing to do with lard. A correctly made lard soap will not smell "piggy" or like bacon fat.

i am very interested in making soap with honey.... and i did it.... some of the batches are sticky and still not dried.... bit soft.
but i have also two good batches...i have only done small batches and it has't gone 4 weeks so...i have not tasted yet them. but i didnt use lard but palm. i used for the last one 90g po, 60g co, 60g oo, 30g lye, 62g water, 25g honey which i added with the oils. and citronela at trace... i like the lemon style fragrance in honey soap... the soap got hard after about 12hours... and it smells of honey.
I let you know after ....3weeks. buy the way..i did a bit of testing... i use silicone muffin moulds... i got 3 out of my batch.
one covered with kitchen plast foil and covered with towels to gel, one without anything... and the last one in the oven at 75C (170 -someone told me about that).... and i got some colour differences....
let me know if you try some honey recipes... i have tried couple.... i am very curious....
i don't use lard.... i prefer vegetable oils... never tried with lard

Latest posts

Back