Hi!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefki

Reaction score
Hello to all!
I'm new in soap making and I must say I find it quite exciting! :grin:

Kiss and hugs from Greece
Lefki

Hi! I'm new to soaping, too. I'm new here, as well. This place is great. Glad you found your way here!

Thanks guys!
I'm astonished by the amount of information in here. I Keep reading and jumping from one thread to another for hours :lol:

Welcome Lefki! Don't be afraid to ask questions, everyone is very helpful here. Also check out the "search SMF like a pro" sticky. There is more information on this forum than you would ever imagine!

Thank you all for the warm welcoming.
Today I made my first lavender soap. I think it came out as it was supposed to be (mixture and scent). The only thing that upsets me is the color. I put some drops of purple (I bought it from a crafts shop, a bottle labeled "soap color") and it turned into a hazy, blurry brown/purple. What did I do wrong? Any ideas?

It's not you. I believe what you bought in the crafts store was colorant for melt and pour bases. Most colorants for MP soap aren't stable in cold process and will either morph or fade. What information does it give on the label?

You would need to order colorants from a soap supplier and you need to make sure it says something like "soap stable" or "stable in high pH". On Swift's blog, she has information about European suppliers which might be helpful for you.

Latest posts

Back