Hi there!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aquatical

Reaction score
Hello all!

It's good to be here and to see what a fantastic resource this forum is! I'm here because I'm a long-term user of Lush products and have recently seen that there's a whole online... culture(?) of making Lush dupes (I've already found and written down the recipes for my main staples which I can see I can make for about 1/10 the price, plus the recipes of some luxuries I'd never have spent the money on). Given how expensive they've gotten, I'm looking forward to making them myself.

Also, aren't there some funky silicone moulds available for soaps and things? Am looking forward to having an army of soapy skulls, bunnies, puppy paws, and palm trees in my bathroom!

I would interject a note of caution here, it can get pretty expensive to make dupe products, especially at the beginning, because you have to buy so much start up stuff (molds, ingredients). And then you get hooked and there is always something new! I am pretty sure that I have spent more on making soap and B&B than I would have buying a lifetime of Lush products. But it certainly has been a fun ride, and worth it to me.

Welcome to the forum. Have you tried Amazon.com for molds?
I'll try to avoid Amazon as much as possible. So far for most of my life, poverty's rather forced me to use Amazon but if I can find something second-hand on Ebay then I'll take that over Amazon. I do know that Amazon have managed to harness Ebay to the point that a lot of items on Ebay, if you buy them, will benefit Amazon, so yeah - second-hand is where it's at for me, and failing that, new items on Ebay.

Welcome! Besides Amazon, you can check for molds in local listings on FB Marketplace, Craigslist, NextDoor, etc.
Lots of good ideas here. Thank you, I'll check them out!

I would interject a note of caution here, it can get pretty expensive to make dupe products, especially at the beginning, because you have to buy so much start up stuff (molds, ingredients). And then you get hooked and there is always something new! I am pretty sure that I have spent more on making soap and B&B than I would have buying a lifetime of Lush products. But it certainly has been a fun ride, and worth it to me.
Oh, I don't doubt it - I've got a spreadsheet of roughly how much it'll cost to make some Lush products, and I know that I'll need to start making them as routine to get that benefit (i.e., buying everything I need will initially be most costly than just buying it from Lush).

I've always loved making things so I look forward to this journey!

Latest posts

Back