Hi from Sydney, Australia!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellenh

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Thought I’d say hi and introduce myself.

I’ve just started soapmaking about a month and a half ago, and i’m OBSESSED! It has been a fun, useful and lovely skill to learn. This forum has been a godsend, I’ve been silently guest visiting for info/advice, but I thought it was time to join the party :)

So far, I’ve made 10 batches (as I said, obsessed!) and had some issues here and there, mostly superficial - soda ash, cracks, bubbles, etc., but so far they all seem pretty usable( 4 of them are at 4 week’s cure stage and are pretty good) My main issue is probably my lack of patience!

From what I’ve seen of the site, it’s seems like a wonderful place for ideas, inspiration and advice. I’m hoping once I get a bit better at it, I can contribute too.

Well that’s about it for now, look forward to chatting to you guys at some stage ☺️

Ellen

G'day Mate! (Some of us Yanks speak Aussie. LOL Just havin' fun with ya.) Congratulations on making 10 batches so far. Good on ya! And yes, patience is key to soapmaking -- it's my number one rule -- but it won't be long before you will graduate to my soapmaking rule number 2: Whatever happens, don't panic! Hahaha.
Welcome.gif

Welcome aboard, Ellen

I'm sorry Ellen, but we don't allow Australians on this site ;) (*waits for the barrage of retaliation on that one!*)

Haha - it's good to see another Aussie on here keeping up the 'southern hemisphere' contingent. I used to live in Sydney a long time ago - in Bexley/Rockdale area and I worked in Rosebery.

Good luck with your soaping endeavours - it's fun isn't it?

G'day Mate! (Some of us Yanks speak Aussie. LOL Just havin' fun with ya.)

Sorry to burst your bubble Zany :p, we don't speak like that, unless you were in Crocodile dundee :D. There's no crocs in my neighbourhood :eek:, last time I looked anyway . I do have croc shoes if that counts o_O.

:goodbye1:Hi from Sunny Qld and welcome. I was on here years ago. Left and rejoined not long ago as my soaping journey went from obsessed to ‘just need soap to use’ to let’s have fun with this again! Enjoy your journey.

Sorry to burst your bubble Zany, we don't speak like that, unless you were in Crocodile dundee. There's no crocs in my neighbourhood, last time I looked anyway . I do have croc shoes if that counts.
LOL Where are you, Relle?

We spent a month there in '98. We had friends in Sydney and Adelaide that we visited. Our friend, Ted Hogan taught us how to say "G'day Mate", "breaky" (breakfast), "sandy" (sandwich), "mossie" (mosquito), "telly" (TV), etc.. Maybe Ted was related to Crocodile Dundee? Hahaha

We were indoctrinated into Cricket :confused: and introduced to that Aussie staple of Kraft cheese & peanut butter -- didn't really care for it all that much. :p We never did have "shrimp on the barbie" tho. :(

We went all over. Loved the country and especially the laid back nature of the people. Looked into emigrating there but the cost was prohibitive... $650,000 USD deposited in an AUS bank! :eek:

We spent a month there in '98. We had friends in Sydney and Adelaide that we visited. Our friends taught us how to say "G'day Mate", "breaky" (breakfast), "sandy" (sandwich), "mossie" (mosquito), "telly" (TV), etc..

We were indoctrinated into Cricket :confused: and introduced to that Aussie staple of Kraft cheese & peanut butter -- didn't really care for it all that much. :p We never did have "shrimp on the barbie" tho. :(

We went all over. Loved the country and especially the laid back nature of the people. Looked into emigrating there but the cost was prohibitive... $650,000 USD deposited in an AUS bank! :eek:

What - no Vegemite! :D

We spent a month there in '98. We had friends in Sydney and Adelaide that we visited. Our friend, Ted Hogan taught us how to say "G'day Mate", "breaky" (breakfast), "sandy" (sandwich), "mossie" (mosquito), "telly" (TV), etc.. Maybe Ted was related to Crocodile Dundee? Hahaha

Who eats Kraft cheese and peanut butter together, yuk. The aussie staple is vegemite. We don't have shrimp, we have prawns, they changed it to shrimp for the US market. Don' t watch cricket either. Sanger is a sandwich, yep, mozzie is mosquito. We are in winter at the moment and the mozzies are still around :eek:.
It's a lot harder to get into the country now, you can add an extra 30% on now as the dollar is around 69cents AUD to the USD.

Okay. I was wrong about the cheese & peanut butter. :oops: Don't know where I got that idea. :confused: But Vegemite is made by Kraft, according to a bit of a google, so I at least got that part right. Found this too. Scroll almost to the end (5:30?) to see what he says about Vegemite:

Apologies to Ellen for this hijack. I have no self-control lately. :rolleyes: Hopefully others will be entertained. In the meantime, I'm wandering over to Kiwi Moose's land to see how much it costs to get in there...

Hi Ellen,

Yup, you're a soapy addict! ... Welcome aboard :)

Ooooh, Hi Johnray :)

(Kiwi, you can't win - you are outnumbered :p)

@Zany, the only time that much vegemite gets put on toast (open, not as a toast sanger :rolleyes:) is when it's for a foreign visitor such as yourself - just so we can watch your face :cool:
(The normal amount is miniscule - add an avo if you want texture, smashed avo and vegemite on sourdough toast ... yummmm!)

Latest posts

Back