Hi from Oregon

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been reading books, post, forums and watching videos on the art of making soap. I even had an experienced soaper show me how to do it. I finally took the plunge and made my first batch of soap night before last! I am so excited and can hardly wait to make more. Thanks to all of you that take the time to encourage and mentor us newbies!

Hi cinnimon new here muself and sounds like I'm at about the same stage as you. Just waiting for few more things to get delivered then ready to make some cp soap, Iv made some mp soap and enjoyed that so much I decided to go for the proper stuff hope i enjoy it as much as it sounds like you did

Hi cinnimon new here muself and sounds like I'm at about the same stage as you. Just waiting for few more things to get delivered then ready to make some cp soap, Iv made some mp soap and enjoyed that so much I decided to go for the proper stuff hope i enjoy it as much as it sounds like you did
You are gonna love it! This site is so full of helpful information and support. I find myself reading something here everyday. The confidence will build with experience I hope. (Lol) Keep us posted and best of luck to you.

You are gonna love it! This site is so full of helpful information and support. I find myself reading something here everyday. The confidence will build with experience I hope. (Lol) Keep us posted and best of luck to you.

well I had lots of fun making the melt and pour soap but it's just a bit too easy I need something a bit more challenging so it was a natural progression to go onto cp soap i had considered making melt and pour from scratch but maybe walk before i can fly lol. Apparently I love crafting projects something I never knew until I went off sick from work.

well I had lots of fun making the melt and pour soap but it's just a bit too easy I need something a bit more challenging so it was a natural progression to go onto cp soap i had considered making melt and pour from scratch but maybe walk before i can fly lol. Apparently I love crafting projects something I never knew until I went off sick from work.

I have never tried melt and pour. The lady that taught me made cp all the time. I am glad you like crafts because you will never be bored doing crafts! I love being able to give away great products that I have made myself. Hope you continue crafting even when you get well. I am going to try felting some soap today. The soap I made isn't ready yet so I bought a bar of emu soap for this project. Happy soaping!

Tbh Im hoping to make this into a small business a long with some other crafty things eventually. Due to the nature of my illness I won't be returning to that job and it's knocked my confidence massively with regards to working and trusting people. I much prefer animals my cats are like best friends to me and they melt my heart when they snuggle up together. Oh no Im never bored when iv got the energy to craft and iv got a bee hive to look after too mostly during summer. Iv done this off my own back not been shown or encouraged by anyone just decided it looked fun so I bought the mp soap to reduce plastic useage in my house and to make my sister and brother in law a nice wedding present. What is emu soap and felting soap? I'm planning on making some wax melts with my new fragrance oils tonight

Tbh Im hoping to make this into a small business a long with some other crafty things eventually. Due to the nature of my illness I won't be returning to that job and it's knocked my confidence massively with regards to working and trusting people. I much prefer animals my cats are like best friends to me and they melt my heart when they snuggle up together. Oh no Im never bored when iv got the energy to craft and iv got a bee hive to look after too mostly during summer. Iv done this off my own back not been shown or encouraged by anyone just decided it looked fun so I bought the mp soap to reduce plastic useage in my house and to make my sister and brother in law a nice wedding present. What is emu soap and felting soap? I'm planning on making some wax melts with my new fragrance oils tonight
I hope to be able to sell a few of my soaps too, mostly to my local area. A friend of mine received a bar of felted soap as a gift and we liked the look so I googled how to felt soap. I am excited to try this.

What is emu soap and felting soap? I'm planning on making some wax melts with my new fragrance oils tonight

Hand felting soap is a fun project. Have you heard of felting? You take fibers that can be felted (most, but not all wools) and create a felted pocket or outer shell around the exterior of (any) soap. It's a really fun project to do alone or with a child, or just about anyone who enjoys DIY type things.

Here are some my granddaughter and I did together a couple of years ago:
full

Back to the OP: Welcome, cinnamon1916. This is a great community full of very supportive soapmakers and chandlers, many of whom enjoy a variety of other crafts as well.

Hand felting soap is a fun project. Have you heard of felting? You take fibers that can be felted (most, but not all wools) and create a felted pocket or outer shell around the exterior of (any) soap. It's a really fun project to do alone or with a child, or just about anyone who enjoys DIY type things.

Here are some my granddaughter and I did together a couple of years ago:
full

Back to the OP: Welcome, cinnamon1916. This is a great community full of very supportive soapmakers and chandlers, many of whom enjoy a variety of other crafts as well.
Wow what beautiful soaps! I love the way you define the process too. I love this group and I have so much to learn and am really excited about this new to me craft. I am so thankful to all of you that share your experience and support to us newcomers. I also like other crafts too such as quilting and sewing. I am always busy with something and life is good. My mother and daughter are also into multiple crafts but my sister is not. We feel sorry for her because she is always bored. I can not imagine being bored with all the projects I am either actively doing or planning to do lol!

Hello neighbor. I have also been reading and researching for a while. I have yet to actually make any soap other than M&P. I am disabled. I know what you mean about never being bored. Although, I do get frustrated with not being able to do much and having to concentrate on living.

Hello neighbor. I have also been reading and researching for a while. I have yet to actually make any soap other than M&P. I am disabled. I know what you mean about never being bored. Although, I do get frustrated with not being able to do much and having to concentrate on living.
I hear ya! My friend that taught me was disabled also and that is how I got involved. She needed someone to learn how to make the soap that she had built up a client base for and I was eager to learn. She has moved away now so I was really nervous about continuing w/o her to help me. We still talk through the net though.
I am blessed for now to be able to work but that time is quickly slipping away. I had back surgery about 4 years ago and can't work the way I used to. It is just now starting to give me trouble again but not too debilitating yet.

They look awesome. Might have to look up how to do that for those cold wet winter nights we have here and would be a cool little project to do with my niece when she is a bit or maybe quite a lot older she doesn't have a choice when she visits me she will be doing crafts whether she likes it or not

Back