Aloha from Hawaii

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SandyToes

Reaction score
Hello fellow soapers and makers of all things! I started making CP soaps over a year ago after countless hours of research and more video watching than I could keep track of. This forum has helped SO MUCH ♥️
So even though I’ve read many a thread in the last couple years, I’ve just registered for an account! Thank you to @Zany_in_CO and @AliOop and the many others who selflessly share their knowledge and experience here so we can learn!
That being said, I still make soap but am trying to learn more on making serums, moisturizers, and lotions. I’ve been spending way too much on commercial products and I’d like to make cleaner more simple products for myself and my young teens. So new rabbit holes to go down into…

ALOHA, @SandyToes! My avatar is called Happy Toes! Haha.

I’ve been spending way too much on commercial products and I’d like to make cleaner more simple products for myself and my young teens.
We have a separate forum for that. You may want to spend some time browsing to see what you can find there that interests you:
https://www.soapmakingforum.com/forums/bath-and-body-forum.19/
I'm wondering where you buy supplies in Hawaii? Stateside, there's Lotion Crafter in the Seattle area. It's a good company to do business with. Check out their formulary. Don't hesitate to contact Jen directly if you need too. She's always willing to help and gracious with advice about the products she sells.

Another place to get simple "all natural" type recipes is MMS Blog. I've made a few of their recipes and I like every one of them that I tried.

Welcome.gif
and HAVE FUN!

Last edited:
Hello and welcome! Not gonna hide it, I have island envy! I have never been been able to afford to travel but I have always wanted to to explore the Hawaiian Islands ~ they are so beautiful 🥰 Interestingly, the last time I bought raw beeswax it came from Hawaii and was from a hibiscus honey farm if I remember correctly. It had the most amazing scent! Come to think of it, I need more beeswax!
I can't wait to hear all you have to share about your homemade products!

Interestingly, the last time I bought raw beeswax it came from Hawaii and was from a hibiscus honey farm if I remember correctly. It had the most amazing scent!
🙌🏽 yes! I purchased 10 lbs of beeswax from an apiary in Hamakua and the scent is divine! A bit of floral and a bit honey.

🙌🏽 yes! I purchased 10 lbs of beeswax from an apiary in Hamakua and the scent is divine! A bit of floral and a bit honey.
Yes, absolutely Heavenly! I've smelled a bunch of mainland honeys and waxes but when I broke the seal on that package I could tell it was something different right away 🥰 Such a unique aroma. I know each flower lends its own unique profile to the honey and wax, but I guess I've become numb to mainland varieties. But coming from an island, that beeswax was from a flower farm on an island isolated in the middle of the Pacific ocean so it was such a beautiful smell experience, I could tell it wasn't a mainland variety. It kinda made me curious about wanting to buy honey from other places around the world too! 😄

Latest posts

Back