Help.....water on top of soap after unmolding......:-/

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

messywith4

Reaction score
What would cause this???? I put the soap in the oven after I saw this, without the top of the mold, at 170 degrees F to try and dry up the moisture on the top of the bars.

The silicone liner is from Essential Depot; hubby made the molds. Each of the three soaps I made that day were put in the wooden molds with plastic wrap on top before the wooden lid went on, wrapped in a cotton towel, and then all three boxes were wrapped in a woolen blanket and placed on a solid hardwood floor away from any draft.........The first batch I made came out fine....the last two are the attached photos......

I sure hope I can salvage this soap!
Robin

orange10xsoap_07032013.JPG

orangecalendula_0703.JPG

Did you check to see if the liquid zapped? I know that when I cover my soaps with saran wrap sometimes condensation forms on the wrap and could drip onto the soap. Of course if this is lye water that separated from the oils then I'd recommend hot processing it so that the lye water was reincorporated into the batter.

Liquid zapped? Not sure what you mean. This is only my 6th or 7th attempt at CP and honestly, I've had some DOB, but nothing like this before.

The common ingredient in both batches is Brambleberry's Orange 10x EO. I use the recommended amt.

I did put Plastic Wrap over the top of the wooden mold BEFORE I put the wooden lid on. The molds were just made by my husband and had a bit of freshly cut wood dust on them that I did not want to contaminate the soap. Could that do this?

Back