Help please... have i gone to high on sf my goat milk soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbs

Reaction score
Hi ive just made my first 2 goat milk soaps but think i may have overdone it on the super fatting My first recipe i used

I used 10% caster 25% coconut 10% lard 10% palm 40 % olive pomace 5% shea

I did half milk to half water but sf at 9% will this be to high. I took a little while to trace but i only bid a 1lb batch and stired by hand.

I went higher as i used a bit more coconut oil and i sometimes find coconut oil drying but like more bubbly.

My second recipe i sf at 7% and used Half milk and half water, 10% caster 20% coconut, 10% lard 15% palm 40% olive pomace, 5% shea. i hope this one will be ok.

They are both in the fridge now. Is there a % that you shouldnt go past when sf goat milk soap. Also i didnt use any preservative.

they could both be fine. i regularly do 7.5 % SF with no problems. give it a good cure and see how you like it. :)

I do mine at 7-8% and I use full goat milk for the liquid. Never had a problem here. If they seem soft, I just leave them alone and don't touch them for awhile. I made a batch at 10:30 last night and unmolded two this morning at 5am, by accident. I wanted to see the front of the mold to make sure it looked OK and the soap just fell right out! Figured I'd just leave it out now and it'll be fine so long as I don't mess with it.

Thanks i will see how they are tomorrow should i still keep them in the fridge to. Iam also worried that if sf goat milk soap to much that my soap will go bad quickly, could this happen.

I just made a full GM last night at 10% and unmoulded this morning, I tried to cut too early and it started to crumble ( I should know better :x ).
I didn't have any trouble with 10% on the last batch and it has cured quite nicely.
Just leave it til it hardens a little when you take it out of the frig, it shouldn't go off.

Thanks for all the help ive taken it out of the fridge, not the mould yet, iam leaving it for a little while now, fingers crossed it will be ok. :)

Latest posts

Back