Help!!! New and have a question.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandy

Reaction score
I recently started making whipped soap and need help with something I follow recipes exact! I couldn't be more exact but I want my whpped soap to be thicker. I had order some whipped soap from someone before and hers was perfect! Hers was much more solid than mine and I was just curious if there's something that goes in whipped soaps that can make them more solid??
TIS

There are two types of whipped soap that come to mind: a solid bar that floats (where air is whipped in) and a whipped cream base (like whipped cream).

Which one are you aiming for? What is your recipe?

As a rule, the more solid oils/butters you use the thicker your whipped products will be (think body butters) but it will depend on the exact product you’re looking for

Im not looking for floating in a scent, I guess it could lol .I figured out the melting part. My new problem is, it's losing it's lather. Right after I make a batch it lathers up great but a little later on, say when I bathe with it it's doesn't have as much lather. I read where coconut oil and castor oil can help with that but I don't know how much to add .

I think this 'thread' became disconnected. Here is the original thread: https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/help-new-and-have-a-question.69145/

An admin can put them back together again.

As to how much Coconut Oil and how much Castor: I suggest keeping Castor at 5% or less as it can make soap sticky and bendy when used in excessively high amounts. Coconut Oil use is such an individual thing, but some use it at 10%, 15% and some as high as 20% and 25% without problems. High percentages of Coconut Oil can create a soap that can strip the skin of its natural oils, which for some people is not an issue, but for others is very much an issue. So for me and my skin, I keep it low or don't use it at all, but some folks here don't have a problem with it and I am sure they will respond.

Latest posts

Back