help! my soap is too soft!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babegrr

Reaction score
I pour it on the mold 4 hour ago and still very very soft! i can put a knife through with no problems, normally is kind of hard at this time. why is that a? over heating? is a tea tree soap and i added sugar and salt for bubbles and hardness

is like a pudding texture :(

Honestly, I would leave it for up to 48 hours, although mine usually take 24, but sometimes more. Could be the tea tree, could be the other additives. Pudding texture at 4 hrs sounds normal to me.

Sounds normal to me too. Some of my soaps can take a day or two to harden depending on my recipe !

Mind-reader.png

Is it sorted now? If not, some more information migh well help. From what you posted, people are almost 100% in the dark as to what it could be

yes I think so, I panicked too soon i guess. after my post i put it ob fridge for an hour and then heated the oven, turned off and put my soap overnight. i just cut it this morning. its a green tea and chamomile soap. i don't think it gelled tho

green tea.jpg

Latest posts

Back