Help Me Please, I lied To My Grandbaby :(

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeDee

Reaction score
Help me! I lied to my grandbaby! I told her I was sending a new special fun surprise in her next package.

I wanted to make her and her little sister some bath bombs, so today I attempted them and they flopped. I used a recipe off of Not Martha.
The recipe was,
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
1/2 cup epsom salt
2 1/2 tbs oil, (I used olive oil in place of what she called for)
3/4 tbl water and liquid glycerin, (I used neither, scared it would set the mix off besides, I didn't have glycerin)
Just sprayed with witch hazel,
1/2 teaspoon FO.

I packed them tight in the mold and after a minute or so, I popped them out with no problem. Then in a few minutes later they swelled up twice as big as they originally were!! So made another batch and the same thing happened :cry:

Does anyone have a basic simple recipe that anyone can make and not fail at???
My granddaughters are 1 1/2 and 3 yrs old, so I don't need a fancy recipe or one that calls for glycerin or special oils.
Thanks!

That means you added too much liquid.

I would take all of your dry ingredients & mix them together, then start drizzling ol untill you have just enought to hold them together. I don't use water, glycerin or witch hazel.

I use:
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
1/2 corn starch (cup epsom salt should be fine too)
oil
fo

I like mine to dry a good week.

Thank you Tabitha! I used olive oil in the last recipe, can I use that in this recipe too?

ditto what Tabitha said. I did find that using epsom salt in mine caused them to sink, not float. FYI.

HTH

Oh good to know! I am going to try Tabithas recipe tomorrow with out the epsom salts.
Thank you both!

Your grandchild is going to love them, my son asks for a bomb everytime he is in the shower. Its always "Mom! Can I have one of those fizzy things". He loves them. I'm thinking of making some smaller ones so he can have a handful to drop in, he loves playing with them while they are fizzing away.

Latest posts

Back