Help me decide?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna make some ITP soap... Which one should I do?

1. Cedarwood EO with White base with light brown and green accents.
2. Three Wise Men FO (Frankincense, Myrrh, etc.) Natural base (it discolors a bit) and Turmeric and Paprika accents.
3. Love Spell FO with a white base and dark pink accent.

Keep in mind that Christmas is coming! (OMG!!)
Cedarwood and a citrus is nice - I tried that one. :) Love the names

Why have several of you recommended to pair the cedarwood eo with something? I don't understand.
Cedarwood pairs well with bergamot. If i put this combo in a diffuser, it knocks me right out. I “cured” a bout of insomnia with it.

Theres nothing wrong with just cedarwood if thats what you like, but it smells great with citrus.

Cedarwood pairs well with bergamot. If i put this combo in a diffuser, it knocks me right out. I “cured” a bout of insomnia with it.

Theres nothing wrong with just cedarwood if thats what you like, but it smells great with citrus.

I have on hand Sweet Orange and 5 fold Valencia. Would either of those fit the bill?
Oh... And Litsea Cubeba

Yes, that! I love my 50/50 bergamot/cedarwood soap! Most times I use cedarwood, it's a small percentage, but I do loves me the bergamot/cedarwood!
EDIT: Just took my post out of the matrix-inception original quote. Pardon me.

Last edited:
Why have several of you recommended to pair the cedarwood eo with something? I don't understand.
I like Cedarwood by itself, but I would be more comfortable with it in soap if it is used sparingly and paired with something else. Why? Because I had hamsters and rabbits growing up and Cedarwood reminds me of their cages. Not really some thing I associate with soap!

Hi, I really need help finding a good spicy apple &cinnamon fragrance oil… I have tried the one from WSP, but it is way too sweet.. cant smell the spice at all. Thanks in advance

Hi, I really need help finding a good spicy apple &cinnamon fragrance oil… I have tried the one from WSP, but it is way too sweet.. cant smell the spice at all. Thanks in advance
Brambleberry's 'Applejack Peel' is a good one - very cinnamony. Scent lasts.

Latest posts

Back