Help me decide on the next soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kleine Teufel

Reaction score
I finally got my black and red iron oxide and want to soap dragon's blood. The white portion will be left unscented. Now what I can't decide is whether I want to do my high olive oil and goat milk blend or do a salt bar? Someone help me decide! Lol

I'd probably NOT do the salt bar since you want to have multiple colors...the salt bar can set up on you pretty quickly. Im assuming you havent done one before? If its first time, I would keep it simple....so do the other one...lol

I've done swirls before. I always pour my salt soap just as it comes to trace. I think I could manage a swirl fairly easily the way I do it. Hmm

I haven't found anything about trace being accelerated by Dragon's Blood, however, I'm not sure about the oxides. Yellow didn't mess with my soap when I did my honeysuckle swirl, but I'm not sure how the red/black will react. I figure I'll blend my soap until the slightest trace and separate it out right away, then mix my red, then the black/scented. Hopefully I can do this and it turns out as gorgeous as I'm hoping.

Back