HELP can i re melt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OceanGirl-3

Reaction score
I have not made this CP soap lady sold so can be melted for re-pour but it burns and doen't melt :( how do i re-melt cuase it's hard as rock, hope i wasted $$$ :(

Ta Kristie

Oh had brown bits in it ??

I never made CP in my life ever

Okay let's try this - grate the soap up and place in a large pot to go into the oven @ 200 F. Once you have everything together, then just place the pot with the grated soap in it and every few hours just check on it and give a mix. If this soap is really hard and dry you can add fluids, but do it in small quantities. If you wanted to could start out with adding a bit of water to the grated soap and stir it in just to moisten it.

This is going to take a couple of hours so patience truly is beyond a virtue and moved into a requirement. Every half hour or so give it a gentle stir. Once the soap looks like vaseline you are ready to put it into your mold and voila' you have soap!

HTH

:) Thank you so much will do that i have 1.1kgs can i add milk? or just water?

I just be happy to start my own CP hehe get a kit soon :wink:

You can add milk - just be very careful and add your liquid in very small amounts. Once it looks just a little damp - that's the time to stop because otherwise you'll end up with soap that is way, way too soft and won't dry properly -

A spray bottle works well to mist the soap , and you don't get to much water (ask me how I know).I have used the spray bottle with milk in it too. I usually mist it stir well and mist and stir again , just to try to get all the shreds or pieces.

Kitn

I am grating it it so hard is this what CP is like?

Going to get some Goats Milk to use , the lady said used 4 cups of grated soap to 1/2 cup Milk and 1/2 or 1 cup of Milk powder?

or can i just use milk? she said also to melt in in double boiler

This OK?

Guess be better if i could even make my own CP lol ahh need to take that step lol but so afraid rolf, plus with 3 kids around not sure how ican do it safely humm i will one day ;)

Thanks heaps again for tips

Kristie

Kitn said:
A spray bottle works well to mist the soap , and you don't get to much water (ask me how I know).I have used the spray bottle with milk in it too. I usually mist it stir well and mist and stir again , just to try to get all the shreds or pieces.

Kitn

This is a very good idea. :) I've done the same with the rebatches I've made and it really works great at making sure you don't over-add your liquid amount. Too much water can lead to soft, soggy soap that warps when curing.

The problem that I've found with using set amounts of water or liquid (1/2 cup, etc..) in rebatches is that the amount is usually set without taking into consideration how old or how fresh your grated soap is at moment you decide to rebatch. If it's really fresh, not much water or even no water will be needed, but if it's a more aged soap, then more water will be needed. That's why the spray bottle method is so handy. It stays your hand from adding too much at a time.

The double boiler method is fine, but like Lindy, I prefer the oven method better. Either way you choose, I'd keep my pot covered to keep the soap from drying out.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back