Hello!! :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the wonderful world of artisan soapmaking

We’re are you located in FL? I’m over on the central west coast Hernando County.

Just an FYI. Florida just had a new law pass so we can now make lotions and cremes provided your sales aren’t over $25,000.00. Which as a new soaper you won’t have to worry about.

So how are you making your soap? Cp, Hp, LS ???

Welcome to the wonderful world of artisan soapmaking

We’re are you located in FL? I’m over on the central west coast Hernando County.

Just an FYI. Florida just had a new law pass so we can now make lotions and cremes provided your sales aren’t over $25,000.00. Which as a new soaper you won’t have to worry about.

So how are you making your soap? Cp, Hp, LS ???
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Hi MLSB!! I’m in the Orlando area. :)
I’m making CP soap but I’ve only done about 4 small unscented and uncolored batches so far. I’m just trying to get to know the process and play around with different formulas, but I’m getting antsy to expand my knowledge. Thank you so much for the great info on what we can sell here in FL! I was thinking about learning how to do Beard Balms and oils soon, mostly for my husband. Selling anything seems so far down the road from my plain soaps, but hopefully not too far away!! Thanks again for the warm welcome!!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Hi MLSB!! I’m in the Orlando area. :)
I’m making CP soap but I’ve only done about 4 small unscented and uncolored batches so far. I’m just trying to get to know the process and play around with different formulas, but I’m getting antsy to expand my knowledge. Thank you so much for the great info on what we can sell here in FL! I was thinking about learning how to do Beard Balms and oils soon, mostly for my husband. Selling anything seems so far down the road from my plain soaps, but hopefully not too far away!! Thanks again for the warm welcome!!

You are straight east from me on off 50 on the gulf coast.

Beard oils are still not approved but hopefully one the bill is really defined we will all have a better understanding. It was just signed by the Governor at the end of June this year.

Best advice to help you with your soaping journey is to spend time learning the properties of each of the oils and butters that are used along with their recommended % usage rates and you will know how to create your recipes and how to tweak them to your satisfaction!

If you ever need help don’t hesitate to ask, or email, my little soap bars @ outlook dot com
it will be 20 years this November since I started this amazing journey.

Latest posts

Back