Hello

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToniD

Reaction score
Hello, My name is Toni and I'm an addict. I seriously need to stop! My family has enough soap till the end of 2011--and that is taking three baths a day. OK maybe not the three bath part.

I made a soap cake a few weeks ago for a friend, and having run out of melt and pour, needed to make up a recipe for the "icing" Naturally I had a little left over to make into a bar. So I have done the early test and thought, oh, this is nice... I want to make a scented recipe from this. So I did. Did I stop there? No, it was so much fun because I could develop a nice texture on top with that recipe that I had to make two more batches. I mean, all I did was go downstairs to put in a load of laundry! I just had to test that soap, didn't I?

Ha! My ex-husband comes over every day to see our son. He keeps asking me what I'm going to do with all this soap. He wanders into the kitchen and just stands in amazement because I have bottles everywhere and soap all over the dining room table. i say confidently that I have it all under control--- but I don't! I keep getting ideas and getting more colors and fragrances- at least I'll be easy to buy for for Christmas. And I know what he's getting. So does he.

Welcome

Welcome to the family! Congratulations - you have now become a soapie, and things will never be the same. Everything you see is a potential mold, additive, or compliment to your next batch of soap. You will cringe at the supermarket when you walk through the 'soap' aisle - and every conversation will somehow or another, result in you explaining that sodium laurel sulfate sucks - and that you keep the glycerin in your soap, unlike the commercial cow pie that's jacked with chemicals

-Bilal Hito

ToniD said:
Hello, My name is Toni and I'm an addict. I seriously need to stop! My family has enough soap till the end of 2011--and that is taking three baths a day. OK maybe not the three bath part.

I made a soap cake a few weeks ago for a friend, and having run out of melt and pour, needed to make up a recipe for the "icing" Naturally I had a little left over to make into a bar. So I have done the early test and thought, oh, this is nice... I want to make a scented recipe from this. So I did. Did I stop there? No, it was so much fun because I could develop a nice texture on top with that recipe that I had to make two more batches. I mean, all I did was go downstairs to put in a load of laundry! I just had to test that soap, didn't I?

I have no idea what you mean. :shock: :lol:

Latest posts

Back