Hello, is everyone gathering supplies for Christmas gifts?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmandaJ99

Reaction score
Okay so not to have anyone feel pressured but wanted to point out some calendar count downs we all may not be thinking about. As I sat down with the boys this weekend we talked about what we wanted to make this year as Christmas gifts. We looked over the calendar and I notice how close christmas truly is. If you are making CP soap for Christmas then you kinda gotta get it done by October so it can cure and then mailing time( if you need it :) ). When I started looking at suppliers online I noticed that they are out of stock on a few items. Just thought I'd throw it out there that we all need to get busy making our to do lists and getting our orders in place. I hate feeling rushed and stressed at Christmas time. I try to make a calendar and pace myself so I don't get burnt out on crafting. This year it's even more important since I started a new job and my crafting time is limited to nights and weekends. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up I'm sure you already know from experience but Sept is supply gathering month and Oct is get busy on it month. Lol hope yall are enjoying your holiday weekend!
Amanda

Re: Hello, is everyone gathering supplies for Christmas gift

I am trying to decide what I want to do for yule gifts
I always make loads of baked goodies and candies
this year I think I might bottle my homemade vanilla for family and maybe make it a into a cookie gift basket
then making everyone a bottle of soap ( I like liquid soaping best)
then I thought I might make a basket of bars and let everyone pick out any they want at the family parties
I would like to come up with nice EO winter scents

I just started my fall/holiday soap making on September 1. Two batches in two days.

I just started mine at the beginning of August. I've got 9 batches done so far, and several more yet to go.

DragonQueenHHP said:
this year I think I might bottle my homemade vanilla for family and maybe make it a into a cookie gift basket

That's a very good idea. I did that 2 years ago and it was a hit. Now that you've brought it up, I think I'll do it again this year. I just need toget off my duff and buy some more vanilla beans so I can get them soaking ASAP!

IrishLass :)

I am thinking of doing M&P for a couple of people for gifts. I have a pretty large family, but only have contact with my mom's sister and my dad's mom. My family has multiple generations of loons and the West Coasters don't talk to us East Coaster and my dad family..well they didn't even reach out when my dad's cousin bill died, he found out from his mom. Funny thing is the Barnes, his mom's family sends an invite to the July reunion every year even tho we've never went. But his dad's family has pretty much exiled my dad since his dad died 7 years ago from Alzheimer.

But there are a few and my bestie who i plan on making soap for. I have plenty od molds coming thanks to my bestie and the great deal i got on silcones off ebay. So i can spend the next 2 months gathering colorants, base, and scent so i can craft in Nov to let the soaps cure and mail out beginning of Dec.

This weekend I placed my order for my FO's, EO's, some more Palm, and SLSa for bubbles for the kids. Got a few new things for me to try out and keep me on my toes. I am hoping everyone likes the pumpkin pie and cinnamon sugar fragrances from BB. Didn't go with any of the piney/christmas tree scents so I hope no one is disappointed.

[/quote]

That's a very good idea. I did that 2 years ago and it was a hit. Now that you've brought it up, I think I'll do it again this year. I just need toget off my duff and buy some more vanilla beans so I can get them soaking ASAP!

IrishLass :)[/quote]

I am looking for a source for cute inexpensive bottles, any ideas?

Back