Hello from Indiana!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrugalMommaof5

Reaction score
Hello, everyone! I'm Alyssa and I am a complete newbie to soap-making. I am a mother of soon-to-be five beautiful children and married to my best friend. I am embarking on a sort of vegan/naturalist path because of my families health (and, let's face it, I'm a frugal momma with all these kids!) and an intense desire to make my own soaps that has been unsatisfied for several years. Lol. My husband and two of our children suffer from unknown allergies and skin conditions, but nothing medically offered that we try seems to help. I also have an awful super-sensitive, dry/oily skin combination that over-reacts to everything, so, here I am.

I hope to learn lots of tips and tricks that can aid me in bringing in better natural options for my skin-sensitive family. I look forward to chatting with you all!

xx.

... an intense desire to make my own soaps that has been unsatisfied for several years. Lol. My husband and two of our children suffer from unknown allergies and skin conditions, but nothing medically offered that we try seems to help. I also have an awful super-sensitive, dry/oily skin combination that over-reacts to everything, so, here I am.
Howdy from Colorado, Allysa! With those skin issues, I wouldn't waste any time joining the gang of "Lardinators" here. It's one of the best fats you can use to calm skin issues, IMO. Back in the day, neo-natal nurses used to wash new borns with lard. Check out the Beginners Forum for the Thread "Learn to Soap Online" for a recipe.

I'm as frugal as they come and I started (2004) by making tallow and lard soaps and they are still my favorite soaping fats.

HAPPY SOAPING!

ETA: You should also use fragrance-free laundry products, if you don't already do that. :thumbs:

Please tell me that is a picture of one of your kiddos. If that is your pic after 5 kids I have got to find out what skin care cream you use!

Hello, everyone! I'm Alyssa and I am a complete newbie to soap-making. I am a mother of soon-to-be five beautiful children and married to my best friend. I am embarking on a sort of vegan/naturalist path because of my families health (and, let's face it, I'm a frugal momma with all these kids!) and an intense desire to make my own soaps that has been unsatisfied for several years. Lol. My husband and two of our children suffer from unknown allergies and skin conditions, but nothing medically offered that we try seems to help. I also have an awful super-sensitive, dry/oily skin combination that over-reacts to everything, so, here I am.

I hope to learn lots of tips and tricks that can aid me in bringing in better natural options for my skin-sensitive family. I look forward to chatting with you all!

xx.
Hello from Laceys Spring, Alabama, Alyssa. I’m Nita.

Hi Alyssa and welcome! I agree with Zany about the lard or tallow soap, unless you're a vegetarian. But I also think you should avoid any type of scent and color since those can also irritate skin ailments. Good luck with your soaping endeavors and congrats on the "soon to be #5"!

Back