Hello from Baltimore, MD

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magstang

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My name is Maggie, and I'm from Baltimore, MD. I recently graduated from college with a degree in chemistry, and I'm taking a year off from school before I pursue higher education.

Inn the meantime, I'm working in a lab and revisiting my love of soapmaking. I tried CPHP twice a few years ago, and LOVED it, but couldn't figure out what to do with all the soap! I gave most of my bars away to friends, but they seemed to prefer bottled body wash (I know, right?!? :crazy:). Hopefully this time I will find some more willing/excited recipients!

Anyway, I've got more free time now and am very excited to try again. I'm planning on opening an Etsy shop to sell my creations, but I'm more interested in experimenting than I am in starting a business. My boyfriend and I both have extremely dry, sensitive skin (and he has eczema) so I'm hoping I can help solve some of our skin-care woes.

Anyway, I'm happy to be a part of such a knowledgeable, welcoming community, and I look forward to sharing my experiments with all of you!

Hi Relle!

Thank you for the link-- it's given me a lot to think about. What a wonderful, supportive, knowledgeable community this is! I DO need to wait- I hadn't thought about shelf life concerns, although I had considered insurance, accounting, etc.

I suppose this is sort of a silly question, then (or very silly!), but what do people do with their surplus of soap? A bar usually lasts me 3-4 months, and even working in tiny batches will give a lot more than that. I want so badly to play and try different things but I also don't want to drown myself in soap. Is gifting really the only option? It's not that I'm against gifting, it's just that I'm not sure my loved ones would enjoy it. Who wants to give a gift (made with your own hands!) and see it go to waste? No one likes an ungrateful gift recipient.

Last edited:
Welcome! I was just in Baltimore & had a great time. Hope you enjoy it here. I have been impressed by the pool of knowledge here & how giving people are.

Latest posts

Back