Hello from a Newbie in Virginia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WomanInTheWoods

Reaction score
Hi all ~

My name is Carol and I'm a stay-at-home / homeschooling mom of five wonderful kids. (they're wonderfully quiet right now :wink: ) Our children range in age from 5 yrs old (kindergarten) to 17 yrs old (just started college last month!). Because the kids are always home, I do my soap making in the evenings after they go to bed. One of these days I'll convince my dh to take the kids out for the afternoon so I can soap while the sun is up!

I've made several batches so far, my two most recent being a beer shampoo bar and a shave soap, but I've yet to do a swirl. That's my next goal to accomplish. I've seen so many beautiful works of art here and on other boards. Mastering the swirl would make me very happy!

I look forward to getting to know you all,
Carol :D

Hello!

Hey Carol! I'm from Virginia myself. I'm a student at George Mason University and I just started soap making. Gonna make my first batch tomorrow!

welcome!!!

im from virginia also (but ive been soaping for a while)

where in VA are you two?? Im in Newport News/Williamsburg area

Fellow Virginians! Yay!

aphung2~ Good school! What are you studying there? My dh has some family in Manassas. I hope all goes well for your first batch, good luck!

mkbaber~ Hi! I am northwest of you near Stuarts Draft :D

Latest posts

Back