Hello - New'ish to the Forum

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Gable

Reaction score
Good Afternoon. I just registed about a week ago. I believe I used to be a member of this forum several years ago when I was making CP, HP, and candles. I stopped for whatever reason and just started back up again with CP. Always loved this type of soap making - I remember getting up super early so I could unwrap and cut my soap (I'm sure I'm not alone here). So far, I've made enough soap to last me through the year. At this time, it's just for myself/family/friends. Since I started making soap again, I'm amazed at how much easier it is to find supplies in the store and that's wonderful.

So far, I've had good experiences with soap making. My only issue may be a humidity problem (which I've already posted my question the other day). Otherwise, I feel fortunate that everything seems to be coming along and I've been able to pick up where I left off. Looking forward to working with some swirls (which is something I've never done). Some of the creations I've seen are so amazing.

Anyway, I live in the Northern Virginia area (close to Washington DC). I am retired after 32 years in public service and now I watch my 3 year old grandson a few days a week and soap in between.

Last edited:
Welcome back Lee :). If you tell us what name you were under we can merge your accounts, you can only have one identity on smf.

Latest posts

Back