Hello from MD!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micchi

Reaction score
Hello there!

I'm Micchi. I'm new to the forum, but not new to soapmaking - I grew up on a farm, and spent many, many nights watching my mom and my grandma make soap from lard and tallow that we traded some of our goods for. I've done melt & pour since I was just 15 years old, and have spent the last three or so years learning my way around cold process soap. I tend to be a shy, quiet type, so I've lurked around various soap communities without saying much. Just reading, learning, absorbing, and using that knowledge to tweak my own soaps. I thought I would finally poke my head in and say hello, maybe learn some new things that I haven't come across yet, maybe share some of my own knowledge.

I feel like I've finally reached a point where I want to start selling my soap - I have a recipe that I know very well, a process that follows good practices and that turns out a wonderfully consistently good bar of soap, the soap I've been making is a product that those who have been gifted it rave about and want more of, and I feel like I've identified a couple of niches that I can market to very well. I just recently got a couple of 5lb molds to start making enough soap for small batches (I've been working with 1 and 2lb molds), and the first few test rounds in them have gone marvelously.

And now I've babbled on quite long enough, so hello!

(Tangent: It's still weird to introduce myself as from MD; I've not been here long, spent the majority of my life in good old NC.)

Hello there!

I'm Micchi. I'm new to the forum, but not new to soapmaking - I grew up on a farm, and spent many, many nights watching my mom and my grandma make soap from lard and tallow that we traded some of our goods for. I've done melt & pour since I was just 15 years old, and have spent the last three or so years learning my way around cold process soap. I tend to be a shy, quiet type, so I've lurked around various soap communities without saying much. Just reading, learning, absorbing, and using that knowledge to tweak my own soaps. I thought I would finally poke my head in and say hello, maybe learn some new things that I haven't come across yet, maybe share some of my own knowledge.

I feel like I've finally reached a point where I want to start selling my soap - I have a recipe that I know very well, a process that follows good practices and that turns out a wonderfully consistently good bar of soap, the soap I've been making is a product that those who have been gifted it rave about and want more of, and I feel like I've identified a couple of niches that I can market to very well. I just recently got a couple of 5lb molds to start making enough soap for small batches (I've been working with 1 and 2lb molds), and the first few test rounds in them have gone marvelously.

And now I've babbled on quite long enough, so hello!

(Tangent: It's still weird to introduce myself as from MD; I've not been here long, spent the majority of my life in good old NC.)

HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

animated-welcome-image-0119.gif

Welcome Micchi! Saw some of your posts today, but didn't realize that you are new to the forum. We'll make good use of your experience, just as you'll find many other experienced soapers here. :)

Back