Hello eveyone

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kazsioned

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum and to soap making. I have made some melt and pour soap but wish to make some soap from scratch.
I want to make some neem soap for my first try as my daughter has excema and neem soap is ok for her to use. ( hope mine is too when I get to do some)
I have a receipie for neem soap but it sontains castor oil and I cannot get this in my home town of Wrexham Wales. So I am stuped as to which substitute to use in its stead. If anyone can help then I will be very greatful. thanks
Kazsioned :D

Welcome!
I would leave the castor out and recalculate your recipe without it. Add 1 tsp. of sugar to your lye water. That should help with the bubbles.

Kazsioned said:
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum and to soap making. I have made some melt and pour soap but wish to make some soap from scratch.
I want to make some neem soap for my first try as my daughter has excema and neem soap is ok for her to use. ( hope mine is too when I get to do some)
I have a receipie for neem soap but it sontains castor oil and I cannot get this in my home town of Wrexham Wales. So I am stuped as to which substitute to use in its stead. If anyone can help then I will be very greatful. thanks
Kazsioned :D

Hi Kazsioned, try gracefruits, they're a UK based company and sell the majority of oils etc., including castor oil...it's where I purchased mine from :)
Good luck, trish

Back