Having No New Mats

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotus

Reaction score
What do you all do, having that sad such soaping addiction, when you have nothing to make? Tell me!! I'm jonesing!!

Not me! Nope nope nope. I can quit anytime I want..
Aw who am I kidding...
CHEERS!

Ha!! Totally!! We're trying to quit smoking. Hey, who am I kidding. . . we're always trying to quit. It goes through bouts. I make dolls, so I'll quit for a whole week, while I'm making a doll. . . then I'll not make any, because I'm being a horrible person again.

I'm finding it's the same with soap.

Edit: I should have made the title "Jonesing for Soap!"

Last edited:
That is my worst nightmare, running out of supplies! I broke a half bottle of olive oil yesterday, and was having a fit. I am always happy to have less finished soap, because it means that I either gave some away, or sold some, but running out of oils or sodium hydroxide is something I have a problem with.

That is my worst nightmare, running out of supplies! I broke a half bottle of olive oil yesterday, and was having a fit. I am always happy to have less finished soap, because it means that I either gave some away, or sold some, but running out of oils or sodium hydroxide is something I have a problem with.

Hey!! My problem before was I had no lye!! Now I have 7 lbs of it! I'm good there. Now, I've used every drop of oil in the house! Plus I had to take my car into the shop for a new clutch and I didn't have time to buy more oil. So, I'm stuck with nothing. : ( I'll get some tomorrow. Does everyone else have the problem where they have a need to ALWAYS be making soap? I so can't wait for my soaps to cure, so I can sell them for money to buy more oil.

Edit: never ending circle?

I so can't wait for my soaps to cure, so I can sell them for money to buy more oil.

Edit: never ending circle?

It will hopefully become a never ending circle for me. I'd like to really make some money selling my soap, but if I can make enough to pay for my habit, I'll be happy! As for running out of supplies, I've never been so totally out of everything that I could not find something to do. There is always soap to trim, labels to make, rebatching to do. These are not as much fun as MAKING soap, but will at least keep me from going insane.

The time I really thought I was going insane was about 2 weeks ago when I literally had to STOP soaping and make my students' portfolios. I had to do that because for the whole school year I had put it off because making soap was more fun. Never again. From now ion we will make a memory book at the end of the year and that's enough.

....Does everyone else have the problem where they have a need to ALWAYS be making soap? ....

Lucky for us, I'm more of a utilitarian soaper. Once the novelty of "how cool
is this???" wore off, I could go back to making soap because we needed
more bars. Then this place got me started with liquid soaps...same thing...
once the novelty wore off, I'm back to making what I need because I need
it. Thanks to family allergies, I can't get too involved with scenting & such,
which I think is where I would REALLY get out of control if I started :crazy:

But I have other obsessions, too - so that helps! :mrgreen:

Back