Have you ever

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Summer Bee Meadow's web site has this about lanolin: Contributes to: soap hardness, conditioning, silky feel, quicker trace. Does not contribute to lather. Lanolin is almost totally unsaponifiable and therefore remains unchanged through the soapmaking process. Lanolin is temperature sensitive, so keep temperatures around 110°F when adding to soap. Lanolin is also used as an emulsifier for lotions and creams. Lanolin is obtained from the wax found on sheep's wool, refined and purified to cosmetic specifications. Excellent emollient, skin lubricant and protectant, capable of absorbing water in an amount equal to 50% of its weight.[/FONT][FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]
https://summerbeemeadow.com/content/properties-soapmaking-oils
[/FONT]

I've HP'ed it and added lanolin at the end, but that was because I wanted it to be heavy in unsaponified lanolin for wool wash bars.
But yes, some of lanolin saponifies, not all of it since it is a wax.

Thanks KFG.

Genny, wool wash bars that's a pretty cool idea. I was wondering if it would contribute to the conditioning aspect of a body bar? The soap Calc isn't giving me much to go on. I'm also concerned it might make a dragy feeling bar if too much is used.

Latest posts

Back