Havana colors

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Folks!
I am soon to be making soap with an FO called Havana Heat. I want to use an ITP swirl. Can you suggest some colors to use together?
Some words to go with Havana - hot, humid, sultry, steamy... So many other words. What do you think of when you think of Havana?

Here's what I thought when I heard Havana colors.
1633369463244.png

Huh? I just came here to pass on that, not long ago, I learned that Habanero chili peppers are called after Havana, Cuba. Orange and red hues so bright that it hurts, with a few deep green streaks, and a glossy top sculpted with wrinkles – all this enclosed in foliage, in front of the vibrant cerulean of the Carribean sky.
I'm fine with as many accent colours as you want. It's your own fault when your ambition tricks you to use “two many” accent colours (Freudian typo?).

ETA: @MellonFriend Did you read my mind?

If you do a search of images of Havana, you might get a better picture of what colors to use. Much to my surprise, when I did that, the colors showing up in the buildings of the city and the cars were mostly pastels. Same with the youtube videos I found.

https://www.shutterstock.com/search/old+havana

Hi Folks!
I am soon to be making soap with an FO called Havana Heat. I want to use an ITP swirl. Can you suggest some colors to use together?
Some words to go with Havana - hot, humid, sultry, steamy... So many other words. What do you think of when you think of Havana?

That description makes me think of people dancing near a blazing bonfire or BBQ on dark night, so maybe red, orange and yellow accents swirled in a base of navy blue & black, possibly with a few tiny white soap shreds or similar for stars.

Not much help on colors but when I think of Havana I see Robert Redford in a white suit, starring in the movie Havana.

Havana.jpg

Synopsis: Jack Weil (Robert Redford), a professional gambler, enjoys the hedonistic lifestyle of Batista's Cuba, where he is organizing a crucial poker game that could make or break him. He meets seductive Bobby Duran (Lena Olin) and is surprised that she, a wealthy woman, is aiding Fidel Castro and his communist rebels. Apolitical Jack doesn't usually take sides, but after Bobby and her husband, Arturo (Raul Julia), are arrested, he contemplates risking everything to help their cause.

Since I grew up in the 50's I well remember that period of US history when Fidel Castro was considered a hero and we supported him.

ETA: Sorry for the Hijack. Just looking forward to seeing what you come up with. 😁

Latest posts

Back