Greetings from Portland, Oregon

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boognish

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

Been a lurker for a bit now and decided to introduce myself. This site has already been a great resource and i suspect I will be needing to come back to the well very soon!

A bit about me. I'm Jeff. born and raised on Long Island, NY and moved to Portland, Oregon in 2002. Met my wife here in 2007 and got married immediately. A few years later I got an offer to work with my BFF on the road that I couldn't refuse!

After 4 years on the road as a cdl contractor for the U.S. Army, my company lost the contract and me and my team were booted, but given a nice severance. I immediately took the time off to explore things I always wanted to but never had the time or money. Those being, candle and soap making! Before I knew it, I developed a few different recipes that all my friends (and some I just met) were happy to try and offer feedback.

Before long, I shuddered at the thought of leaving my wife again for a trucking gig or something unfulfilling where I'm unappreciated and undervalued. I decided, like many of you I'm sure, to go all in and try to turn this passion into a business. I commissioned a logo from a close friend who does graphic design and tattooing and designed my own labels then opened an etsy shop (sudsforbudspdx.etsy.com)!

Long story short, I now sell organic handmade liquid castile to a local natural housecleaning company and also supply organic peppermint foaming hand soap to a local bar for their 5 bathrooms. Soon I will be making the pitch to other local businesses to supply soap for their bathrooms as well as to sell my bar soaps.

That's about all for now. Thanks for being a killer community!

All my best,
jeff

WooHoo.gif
Jeff! Way ta' go! Welcome to SMF!

Latest posts

Back