Greetings from Chicago :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vickery

Reaction score
Hello to everyone at this wonderful Soap Making Forum :) My name is Victoria and I am slowly becoming addicted to soap.

Last year I stumbled upon this lovely company called LUSH and I fell in love with handmade soap. My only dilemma with this lovely soap was the rather pocket gauging prices. So I was faced with buying lovely soap that made my skin soft but barely having enough money to buy a coffee or switching back to dependable dial that dried out my skin.

With in a few months my entire family had caught onto LUSH and I accidently converted all of my friends and family members. My boyfriend even pouts now when we run out of his favorites.

For the last few weeks I have been poking around Etsy, admiring the wide array of lovely bath products. I noticed that some etailers mentioned using such and such bases in their soaps and then I did some research. I discovered Melt and Pour soap.

I am quite young, just a lowly college student, but I've always had a love for nice smelling things (*prods rather larger perfume collection*). Melt and Pour soap sounds like the perfect hobby for me. It allows for creativity while also giving me a reason to collect some pretty amazing FOs and EOs.

I recently ordered some pretty molds from Spinning Leaf as well as some Bases and FOs and EOs from Brambleberry. I am quite excited to start my soaping hobby :)

Hello and welcome from Australia! MP is so much fun...you can go all natural and earthy with EOs and natural additives, or fun and funky with bright colours and FOs....the sky is the limit! You will love it.

Tanya :)

Hello and welcome from Canada! Believe me when I tell you that after one batch of soap you will be addicted. We've also managed to keep all the 12 step programs away from this addiction so we can carry on in bliss.

Cheers
Lindy

Awe :) I've never felt more welcome on a forum ^_^.

Thank-you so much for the warm welcomes!

I must warn you guys though, I mean really warn you - I LOVE to take pictures. I went out to buy a kitchen scale and a HUGMUNGOID pyrex cup today and I was...| | close to taking pictures of them and posting them on my blog. :roll:.

I am ULTRA SUPER excited right now, because I just found out that my molds are being shipped tomorrow. I ordered my molds from spinning leaf... I chose to pay by paypal... but they have this weird system where you send them payment via paypal v.s. having that "pay now" screen pop up.

I was scared I was being scammed O.O; Lovely molds though.

x)

I am quite exicted about making my first soaps. I have several ideas sketched out already and hope to have some decent stuff to show you guys in hopefully a week. Or so. Or whenever I get my molds and supplies sent to me.

I am glad that I chose to go with Brambleberry for my first batch of FOs & EOs. I am also very pleased with the ingredients in their bases ^_^

Now lets hope that have learned just enough to make something presentable.

Latest posts

Back