Greetings from Atlanta! (Alpharetta to be precise!)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarice

We are one...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi there - I have just joined and am looking forward to learning and sharing here. I am pretty new to making soaps and personal care products, and I just posted this AM a "wish list" for things I hope to learn / recipes I hope to find.

I am engaged in this purely for personal pleasure and making gifts for family and friends.

I thought I saw a forum / thread that defined abbreviations, but I cannot find it again. Can anyone help? For example, I was just looking at a recipe that listed HO sunflower oil - and I don't know what HO means! See? Super Newbie!

Thanks to all, best to you as well, Clarice

HO = High Oleic. HO oils have a longer shelf life and a higher burn point than their non-HO versions. We as soapers are interested in the first, not so much the second. Generally if it's sunflower for frying, it will be HO.

Thank you so much! as a beginner soaper - can I just go with the oils I can find at the supermarket? I appreciate your help!
Yes, you can use supermarket oils. That's what I used for a while when I started.

Welcome to the soaping world!! I've been to Alpharetta once. I had a work training I had to be at for a week. It's been many many years now, but I enjoyed it.

Yes, you can use supermarket oils. That's what I used for a while when I started.

Welcome to the soaping world!! I've been to Alpharetta once. I had a work training I had to be at for a week. It's been many many years now, but I enjoyed it.

YAY!! thank you so much! I am off to the market to get some oils. I think I am going to be knee deep in soap very very soon! This already feels addictive although I have only made three or four batches!

Latest posts

Back