green tea w/ nori (pics!!)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubato456

Reaction score
i just pitched my 'first swirl' as it is adamant about not leaving the confines of it's container. (since my first failed swirl was green, spirulina) i thought it would be appropriate to do another "green" soap i've been wanting to do....green tea. i've seen in various places that the green tea can turn brown.....but i've decided to play with it. i got the matcha green tea powder from my local asian market, i also have some left over nori seaweed, (i use it to make sushi from time to time). so i've done a green tea soap w/ dried nori sprinkled throughout. i can see that the green may go brown....but the nori has held it's shape nicely and are bit of purple floating throughout.....can't wait to peek later tonite. i added the green tea powder at light trace and it incorporated nicely. i added about 1 TB which was pretty heavy handed for 2.5 lbs of soap. fingers crossed. at least i used a mold which i know is not a sticking issue. if the color is bad, i'll try brewing the green tea and then cooling it and adding that to the naoh once it's cooled a bit, that should be an interesting thing to try.....pix to follow!

*** i just peeked...it's looking green, not brown....ooh i'm getting excited :D

well here's the results 24 hours post pour.....the outside have brownish tinge but the inside is quite green....leads me to believe that over time w/ exposure to the air the inside very well could turn brown as well....oh well at least it's all natural.....i can work on the color another time....

i like the specks of nori seaweed...i think it looks pretty cool

Latest posts

Back