Gray soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malvar62

Reaction score
Greeting all... I made a 100% olive Oil soap I used titanium dioxide in the whole batch then divided the batch into white pink and blue... Used a baby fragrance... I'm noticing that the white looks kinda gray... What did I do wrong?

Greeting all... I made a 100% olive Oil soap I used titanium dioxide in the whole batch then divided the batch into white pink and blue... Used a baby fragrance... I'm noticing that the white looks kinda gray... What did I do wrong?

Maybe nothing's wrong. If it's currently in the mold and setting up, gray is not at all unusual. It'll whiten as it sets up.

If you just cut, let it cure. That also whitens the hue as the water evaporates.

If it's cured, use some more titanium dioxide the next time. However, I don't notice that much is generally required unless you're trying to cancel a really nasty hue in the oil.

Your blue and white (titanium dioxide) was mixed in the mold too much and blended and made gray. If you swirl your colors too much you can cause a whole entire different color and look.

Purchase a color wheel it helps out a lot.

Blue and white makes..... will make a light blue that almost looks gray...

Too many colors mixes will make brown

Latest posts

Back