Google dot com

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now here's a question for you all; as a kid in the Midwest my favorite school lunch was chili with beans, served with half of a plain peanut butter sandwich. To this day this is how I eat chili - (and no crackers, cheese or sour cream). Was this a quirk of our particular school, or does anyone else do this???

We had the choice of cornbread or cinnamon rolls on chili day. To this day I still call this a Grant-Deuel School Lunch when I serve it at home. We only had pb on fish stick day.

DH does grape jelly on his chili. I tried it -- the added tartness from the grapes is not that bad, but I don't like the extra sweetness. I don't have as much of a sweet tooth as he does.

His fave is a PB sandwich with banana slices.
I used to put a dab of PB on a good dill pickle.

in MASS in the 70's was, bring your own. haha. I went to Catholic elementary school, you brought your own. We got Hotdogs on Tuesdays. That was the only day the cafeteria was open other then for milk.
Middle school had a Cafeteria and always had Pizza and a meal of the day. could be meatloaf, spaghetti, hamburgers, mac/cheese. something like that. High school was the same.

His fave is a PB sandwich with banana slices.

Oh, yes! Bananas are a perfect addition to a peanut butter sandwich. I like them sliced lengthwise to fit nicely in the sandwich. Bananas also go very well with Hagan Daas Vanilla Swiss Almond ice cream, or even with chocolate-covered vanilla ice cream bars.

...I like them sliced lengthwise to fit nicely in the sandwich....

I have been informed there's quite a science to building a proper PB and banana sandwich, and it sounds like you and DH have the correct technique. :D

what is wrong with you all?:eek: Peanut butter barely qualifies as food :lol: I like homemade plum jam on venison sandwiches.

what is wrong with you all?:eek: Peanut butter barely qualifies as food :lol: I like homemade plum jam on venison sandwiches.

My dad ate peanut butter on toast for breakfast practically every day for as long as I can remember. This is how I remember my father in the mornings: bending over the newspaper (he read them all because he was a journalist and it went with the territory) with his face about as close the newsprint as one can imagine, with his coke-bottle thick glasses sitting at the side on the table, coming up for the occasional bite of his peanut-buttered toast or gulp of strong black coffee.

Even my husband like peanut butter on toast for breakfast, but not every day. He alternates cereal and peanut butter on different days.

Homemade plum jam sounds good, too, though.

Latest posts

Back