Google dot com

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little peanut butter on the patty before it’s grill is amazing. Keeps the patty tender and moist and gives a light nutty flavor. Absolutely delicious. I normally mix a little hot sauce with the peanut butter first.

and I love peanut butter and syrup on Salmon patties. Thai uses peanut sauce and peanut butter in recipes quite often. Not sure I know how it started but I grew up eating peanut butter and syrup on pancakes, so I am thinking I did not like salmon patties when young so covered the taste with it on the salmon patties. My sis and I also loved to mix peanut butter and syrup to dip toast or bread in. That one I do not do anymore but only because of the calories I cannot afford to eat. Did not bother me when I was young....:D

Bucket List burger at a local joint, peanut butter and sriracha sauce! mmmmm! mouth watering!

OMG. I totally forgot about the time I mixed pb and sriracha and coated meatloaf with it! That was amazing. (Guess what I'm having for dinner tonight...?!)

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it! My favorite burger joint has a pbj burger that I absolutely love.

A little peanut butter on the patty before it’s grill is amazing. Keeps the patty tender and moist and gives a light nutty flavor. Absolutely delicious. I normally mix a little hot sauce with the peanut butter first.

and I love peanut butter and syrup on Salmon patties. Thai uses peanut sauce and peanut butter in recipes quite often. Not sure I know how it started but I grew up eating peanut butter and syrup on pancakes, so I am thinking I did not like salmon patties when young so covered the taste with it on the salmon patties. My sis and I also loved to mix peanut butter and syrup to dip toast or bread in. That one I do not do anymore but only because of the calories I cannot afford to eat. Did not bother me when I was young....:D

Bucket List burger at a local joint, peanut butter and sriracha sauce! mmmmm! mouth watering!

You all are much braver than me!! PB and breakfast foods are awesome, I'm just not 100% convinced about peanut butter & beef lol
Maybe I'll have to give it a try sometime. If it's really that popular...

OMG. I totally forgot about the time I mixed pb and sriracha and coated meatloaf with it! That was amazing. (Guess what I'm having for dinner tonight...?!)
For meatloaf, I'm a fan of ketchup mixed with Worcestershire sauce on top with crushed cornflakes sprinkled over. Sriracha might be a nice addition but I'm still dubious about the peanut butter XD

Last edited by a moderator:
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY! The graphic is still up. Check it out.

Indiana's Buckeye's is flat wrong. That's Ohio, as in Ohio State Buckeyes mascot. Indiana should have been pork tenderloin.
Oh, but check out Indiana's recipe! YUM!

PS: We're having pork tenders today... potato salad... watermelon ...unless we get lazy and opt for KFC! :D

As a kid we got to eat apple pie for breakfast! My mom lived in New Hampshire for a while and tells me that's what people ate!

Now here's a question for you all; as a kid in the Midwest my favorite school lunch was chili with beans, served with half of a plain peanut butter sandwich. To this day this is how I eat chili - (and no crackers, cheese or sour cream). Was this a quirk of our particular school, or does anyone else do this???

As a kid in the Midwest, our school always had sandwiches with peanut butter, and with honey for those who didn't like whatever was served for lunch that day. So, yes that was probably an option for me, but I don't specifically remember eating a peanut butter sandwich with chili. But I have to have cornbread with chili.

Now here's a question for you all; as a kid in the Midwest my favorite school lunch was chili with beans, served with half of a plain peanut butter sandwich. To this day this is how I eat chili - (and no crackers, cheese or sour cream). Was this a quirk of our particular school, or does anyone else do this???
Growing up in the Midwest, for school lunch we had standard PB&J sandwiches, never chili with beans, but baloney sandwiches were popular... Oscar Mayer B-A-L-O-G-N-A of course! Remember this jingle (30 seconds) ? :

Last edited:
As a kid we got to eat apple pie for breakfast! My mom lived in New Hampshire for a while and tells me that's what people ate!

My husband grew up here, so I asked him that question. He said that every day there was always a jar of peanut putter and tablespoon available on every table in the lunch room when he went to school in both towns he lived in growing up. Every lunch included 2 pieces of bread in addition to whatever was served, so each kid could make a peanut butter sandwich every day if they wanted. He said when they served chili, the pb sandwich went well with the chili, but it wasn't served as a part of the meal.

Where I grew up, in California, I never saw a peanut butter jar on the lunch tables, nor a pb sandwich served with chili. Cornbread with chili was the preferred accompaniment.

I'm intrigued by the peanut butter burger thing.
As a fan of Thai food, I've found that a good peanut sauce goes well with just about anything. It sounds a bit weird at first but I think I will have to try that with my next bbq burger.

Back