Google Nest or Amazon Ring?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaG

Reaction score
My husband has a new job. It's 20k more a year with fantastic benefits which is great. Thing is, he will be gone for up to three weeks at a time. I really don't like that but we need the money. With him gone so long, I'm looking at security systems.

What I have found out so far is that ADT insanely requires a landline connection and I seriously cannot find such a thing in my area. The closest I can get is a voip service, and it would require a much higher monthly fee for the security system to use it. Vivant is just as expensive.

I've thought simplisafe might be good but something feel wrong with that idea and I don't know exactly what. I already have lots of Amazon things though I utterly refuse to have alexa or echo in my house. I can apparently use Amazon ring without using those though they are an option.

I don't know much about google nest though I like idea of being able to address people through my phone so they think I'm home if I'm not.

What do you suggest?

Last edited:
We use simplisafe and have been very happy with it. My daughter and SIL also use it, as well as several of our friends. I've never heard any complaints. My son and DIL use google nest. No problems for them either.

Latest posts

Back