Farewell!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penelopejane

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I haven’t been in for a while but I have news - I’ve decided to stop selling soap to my local retail outlet. It changed hands and the new owner didn’t seem easy to deal with and also wanted barcodes!

I decided it was easiest just to make soap for the family and friends. I’m very happy with my decision.

I’m going to be a grandmother for the first time in February and I’m now into quilting so I just don’t have time for the forum.

Thank you all very much for you warm welcome years ago when I started making soap - I’d never have managed to make a success of it without all of you on the forum.

Thank you also for your kind words and thoughts and prayers as I struggled through a few of life’s ups and downs. I can’t express how valuable you have all been to me.

I wish you all the very best in the future in all your endeavours.

@penelopejane Congratulations on becoming a grandmother! I will echo what's been said above - please try to stop back in and give us updates when you can. I still make the OO-rich soap recipe you helped me with when I was a newbie and still love the soap. Thanks for that and for sharing so many tips and your natural colorant experiments with us on the forum.

Thank you everyone for your kind words! If I get a chance I’ll drop in. Glad I could help along the way. I learnt everything I know about soap from this forum.

I am hopeful that my entire life isn’t going be be upended by the new addition but they live 3 hrs drive away so I think I’ll be spending a bit more time on the road!

Hi Everyone, I haven’t been in for a while but I have news - I’ve decided to stop selling soap to my local retail outlet. It changed hands and the new owner didn’t seem easy to deal with and also wanted barcodes!

I decided it was easiest just to make soap for the family and friends. I’m very happy with my decision.

I’m going to be a grandmother for the first time in February and I’m now into quilting so I just don’t have time for the forum.

Thank you all very much for you warm welcome years ago when I started making soap - I’d never have managed to make a success of it without all of you on the forum.

Thank you also for your kind words and thoughts and prayers as I struggled through a few of life’s ups and downs. I can’t express how valuable you have all been to me.

I wish you all the very best in the future in all your endeavours.
You have often sharing information that helped and I thank you! Enjoy your new gig as Grandma and be sure to check in from time to time.

Congratulations on your new wee one...and your hobby. We were always told by both of our girls that they were "never gonna have any kids", but now we have three delightful grandchildren. I made my first quilt in 1972 and have never looked back. It has helped me through some rough patches. I didn't get into soaping until 2010 or so but have enjoyed reading your posts. I no longer search this thread like I did when I was just learning to soap but still come back to comment occasionally or to find some answers. Hope to see you on here from time to time

Oh, you are so going to enjoy that new grandbaby. We also never thought we would have any grandkids, our youngest due to health issues was never supposed to get pregnant. Beautiful grandbaby number 1 came 15 yrs ago and my oldest gave us number two 11 yrs ago. There is nothing like a grandchild.

You don't have to leave the forum, I not only stopped selling during covid I have made no soap since then, but I still enjoy my forum friends, who have helped so much over the years in many areas. Hopefully you can pop in to say hi once in a while.

Latest posts

Back