GM lotion Q..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimplyE

Reaction score
I tried my first lotion...yeah!!! I made it with GM. It feels nice going on, but then after rubbing it in, it tends to ball up on my skin...almost like dead skin sloughing off. I did exfoliate after this and still had that effect. It does the same thing on my mom's skin. The lotion is rather thick, actually a cream and is nice, except that lovely side effect comes after, which is not so nice.

As soon as I find the recipe :oops: I will post it. I used, ewax, stearic, Germall Plus, and oils and GM from a can. Wondering if it is the GM?

Thanks!

Thanks! After looking at my recipe, I actually used ewax, no stearic. What should I do differently? I used a recipe that I read about, subbing some oils that I did not have on hand. I LOVE the way it feels...until then.

I have zero experience with ewax or lotions :shock:

sorry, when it comes to lotions I only know how to MAKE mistakes, not fix them. but I'm sure someone else will have ideas.

I am all about mistakes! :lol:

If E-wax and stearic do this, why are they used. It seems like stearic and E-wax are both used in lotions. There must be a trick...anyone???

maybe you have too much in there, or maybe you need a better balanced recipe. like I said, I don't do well at this stuff

I also make GM lotion. But I do use fresh milk. I have my own goats.
There was a lotion tutorial on here some place. If you can’t find or I can’t, I have it copied and saved at home. I will get it and post it again. It is really helpful. It gives you the percentages for your oils and such. I use both e-wax and stearic acid in mine. I use aloe juice (from WalMart) and it doesn't get quite think enough without the stearic acid. So I don't think it is either of those.

How much e-wax did you use? I've never tried making lotion with GM as the water phase, I chicken out and just use the powder.

canyonhorses said:
I also make GM lotion. But I do use fresh milk. I have my own goats.

Hey Neighbor! You and I need to talk. I have my own goats, too. They are barely legal, though. I was hoping to breed them soon for my own GM! Always looking for some good looking stud... :shock:

Anyway, I used
Sweet almond 21 gm
Cocoa butter 14 gm
Jojoba 14 gm
E-wax 1.5 Tbs

Canned GM 113 gm
Germall Plus 1.62 gm (1%)
EO

I have never tried an actual lotion and read this recipe, but tweaked it a bit with the oils I had and then sized it down. It is super thick and creamy, but has that weird gumminess after.

What breed of goats do you have? I have Alpine, Lamauncha (sp) and Nubian. I have some that are going to kid the end of Jan and then I will put the buck in with my doelings in Jan so they will kid in June. I am trying to split them so I have milk year around. it started as my daughters 4-H project then she decided that she didn't want the goats any more so I bought them from her. I really enjoy them.

Thanks! After reading those tutorials, I used WAY too much GM and should have added another liquid to it. I will try again and see what happens. I learn better by physically making and then flopping :shock: Now I have something to go on...Thanks!

To answer your goat question, we have Nigerian Dwarfs. They are a crack up. We don't have a buck, but need to look into getting them bred. I am not sure I want to have a buck around...yet. :lol:

Latest posts

Back