GM Cream & Honey Soap from 2008

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
100_8968.jpg

I went looking for one of my older soaps today and chose this one. In the photo, you will see the recipe, the front of the soap, the back of the soap with ash and a piece that I just cut now so you can see the inside.

This soap smells sweet and edible. It has no added fragrance.
NO DOS after 2+ years. Bubbles like crazy. Leaves a slightly waxy feel to my hands. Some might find it a little bit drying due to high coconut %.

Soap made on 14/12/2008

37.5% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
37.5% Coconut Oil
25% Palm Oil

6% lye discount (superfat)

This was when I was careful with temps and so both lye and oils were about 45C when combined.

Part goat's milk and part cow's milk (I ran out of goat).
4 dessertspoons of Heavy cream added at light trace.
1 tablespoon organic honey used for this 800g oil recipe. The honey was added to lye mixture.

I'm very happy with the way this is lasting. Hope people find this useful. :wink:

Thanx for sharing Bubbles.
Looks like its held up VERY nicely.
Does it smell to the nose ,dry, or only when wet in the shower?????
Does that question make sense?
I like how you log your soap recipe on a sheet like that.
Very well organised.
I tend to hand write but I think I might start printing out the soapcalc sheets.

Hi Nattynoo. :wink: That sheet is from the Soapmaker Program and it is very helpful to keep this kind of record + notes.

The soap smells when dry and wet. It's very yummy ... to me at least.

Wow....that soap looks so good even after 2 years.
I just made new batch today. It is my daughter's favorite soap.

Thanks, Jenny, to share your experience. I like honey soap very much. But, let me ask you: isn't soap with 37,5 % coconut and 6 % superfat drying? I like coconut for bubbles, but I'm always worried the soap will be drying. Made 70 % coconut soap at 18 % superfat - and waiting to cure.

Some people might find it drying zajcek. I showered with it today and found it fine. Could be that the milk and cream have contributed to make a milder soap. I made all sorts of soaps a couple of years ago because I wanted to see for myself, what they were like. :wink:

Latest posts

Back