glycerin

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapMom

Reaction score
Has anyone superfatted with glycerin and if so how did that work for you?

HI
You don't need to add glycerin to cp soap to superfat. Glycerin is a natural by product of the oils during the saponification process, and all cp soap contains glycerin, that's what makes it moisturising and is one of the key differences between commercial soap and handcrafted soap. In the commercial process, the glycerin is syphoned away and used in other products such as body lotion, hand cream, things like that. That is also why commercial soap is so drying, because the glycerin has been taken out. Glycerin is a natural humectant, drawing moisture to the skin.
So even though glycerin hasn't been added to cp soap, it's definitely in the finished product.

Thanks! I knew about glycerin being in the soap. But I guess since it is already there you don't really need to add more. Thanks for answering. I still learning about soap!

Why thank you!! Its really a picture of me before I've had my morning coffee! *lol*

SoapMom said:
Thanks! I knew about glycerin being in the soap. But I guess since it is already there you don't really need to add more. Thanks for answering. I still learning about soap!

....and incase ya haven't quite figured it out yet....the learning will never, never, never end.....there is no finish line in this game!!

[quote="jadiebugs1]....and incase ya haven't quite figured it out yet....the learning will never, never, never end.....there is no finish line in this game!![/quote]

Amen to that and I am so grateful!!!!

Cheers
Lindy

jadiebugs1 said:
....and incase ya haven't quite figured it out yet....the learning will never, never, never end.....there is no finish line in this game!!

Kind of like pong - you can never win, it just gets faster and faster... LOL

I'm begininng to see that! *lol* But it sure is fun experimenting!!!

Latest posts

Back