glittery and complexion soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milla

Reaction score
I wanted to make a very simple looking soap with my new FO Olive Blossom from Bitter Creek North. It's very pretty and behaves perfectly in CP.

I used TD and put glitter in the soap and on top.
glittersoap1.jpg

I also made a complexion soap with bentonite clay, lime coloring (too much!), tea tree, and lemongrass EOs.
acnesoap.jpg

oooooooooooh, I love them both....they are beautiful !

I looooove Olive Blossom....mmmmm so clean !

oh wow! I love them both! The white bar with the glitter is beautiful!

I don't think you put too much lime coloring at all in the second one.

Both of these are beautiful. They look so creamy & the white one looks yummy
bnky

artisan soaps said:
I absolutely love your Olive Blossom one .. It's the perfect looking white bar!

Incidentally I have this FO but have yet to soap it, now I want to immediately :lol: Any recommendations on how much to use?

Thanks! I wanted the Olive Blossom to be delicate looking. I used about 1 oz ppo, actually 0.96 oz ppo to be exact! 1 oz was the recommendation on the Bitter Creek forum. Someone used 0.7 oz ppo and said next time to use 1 oz. It's so nice to use an FO that behaves!

I also made that hemp cream that you recommended and put some of the FO in there. I thought it would go with the grassy smell of hemp, but it really doesn't! oh well.

ETA: Not sure where you got your FO, but at 1 oz it's strong. Not sure how you like your soap to smell!

It sucks that the scent review web page is down. I'm looking at my Bitter Creek North FO's now because they have a message board and notes on how everything behaved. At least I have stuff to use!

I have olive blossom on my nose and I don't mind smelling it!

Milla , those are absolutely beautiful . I love the white one , I cannot make white soap . The green is perfect ..Well done :D

they are gorgeous....i would kill for wonderful textured tops like that. can't seem to do that for the life of me......great job!

thanks kitn. The green one was a mess! I followed a recipe online and it was a 50/50 lye/water mixture. My lye never dissolved so I kept adding water and before you know it I'm at full water! This soap needed a water discount. But, it will be fine in the end. I'm have a facial eo blend that I will use on another batch with a water discount.

rubato456 said:
they are gorgeous....i would kill for wonderful textured tops like that. can't seem to do that for the life of me......great job!

I'm trying to learn how to do textured tops. Basically the top should be at a thick trace or let it sit to get thicker and play with it. I used a small spatula and kept working the swirls towards the middle as a peak. It worked out better than I thought it would. Sometimes I like smooth and sometimes I like texture!

ohhh... I Lurve glitter :D

I don't think the second one got lime coloring OD. I think it's beautiful!! Nicely done!

artisan soaps said:
Aww, I'm sorry it didn't work for you in the cream - did you like the cream aside from that?

Cheers for the info! :D

Actually it doesn't smell too bad. I'll have to think of what scent goes with hemp oil. It's a beautiful pale green lotion and very moisturizing. I've decided to save it for when winter comes and my skin is screaming at me. It's humid here right now so I hardly even put on lotion. Great for my hands and so easy to make!

Thanks for posting those lotion recipes. I LOVE the energy cream one you posted. That's what I've been using. Also made one with mango butter from the MMS site and now I'm working on a super light facial lotion today!

Very cute avatar too!!

ok, i have to make that white bar! what oils are in it please? mine never turn out that white.

Back