Gel Phase?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when I soap with palm my soap tends to trace quickly , and to prevent overheating I put it into freezer for like 2 hours. Cedarwood should not accelerate the trace , beside it it is going to be fantastic soap, :)

@lenarenee -- grew in the mold? AFTER you were done with mixing?? dang! (laughing at entertaining...lol)

I had a soap try to do this to me last night. I covered it with cardboard and a towel and wandered off to watch TV with my husband. I popped in to check it before I went to bed, and it had risen quite a bit in the mold and it was HOT! I uncovered it, spritzed it with rubbing alcohol and said a prayer to the soap gods before I went to bed. Checked it this morning and no more overheating or cracking (whew!) I might have had a mess on my hands this morning if I hadn't checked it last night.

Everyone! Thanks so much for all of your help on this, my first batch. I *finally* used some today and I love it! It's lathery, and creamy and now I'm hooked! I'm onto my 5th batch now, specifically for the hubby, since he's been so supportive of me on this venture, but I bought some coconut milk to try out (eventually) and well - there is so many fun things in my future! Thanks and thanks and thanks for all of your advice! Charging bravely ahead!
(my fourth batch didn't turn out so well - lots of soda ash, but I'm sure it's because I used cocoa butter and didn't cover when I put it on my magic heating pad and then had used and individual soap mold that was rather difficult at this point for me. But - no zap and I'm sure it will be lovely soap!)

Latest posts

Back