Gel colors from Wilsons

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youreapima2

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a couple of questions. I recently started making bath bombs using gel colors from Wilsons (this is used for cake frosting). It works real well in bath bombs.

Has anyone tried to use this colorant in cp soap too?
If so what was the outcome?

Thank you for you help in advance :)

I've used them. In my experience, they morphed a little bit, and I had to use quite a lot to get a strong color. They bled A LOT! They also stain the sides of the tub when left there to dry. (soft scrub with bleach helps remove it) I still use them with a TEENY bit to add a hint of color to white soap, but I find it more practical to get non bleeding colors specifically for high PH soap.

HTH
Jaime

Do you mean Wiltons?

They do color the water & sometimes morph in high heat.

Also, keep in mind that if you ever plan to sell, you can't use food coloring in your bath & body products. The FDA site has a list of approved skin safe colorants.

Genny said:
Do you mean Wiltons?

They do color the water & sometimes morph in high heat.

Also, keep in mind that if you ever plan to sell, you can't use food coloring in your bath & body products. The FDA site has a list of approved skin safe colorants.

Yes Wilton's is what I meant, sorry.

If you can't use food coloring in bath & body products then what should you use to color bath bombs? Can you use powders & mica's like you would in soap then?

Yep, you can use powders & micas. I've seen many people mix mica with a little glycerin when adding it to their bomb mix. I've been told that the glycerin doesn't react with the bombs.

Latest posts

Back