Gardener's Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JusDin

Reaction score
This is a gardener's soap I poured this afternoon, now tucked in for the night gelling. It was inspired by Anne Marie's gardener's soap, but my recipe according to what I had on hand. It is 3 layers: bottom layer is sea kelp, middle layer is calendula, top layer is loofah shreds and rose clay. Hoping for a win on this one after my CPOPing-castille-after-the-fact failure of Thursday and my trying-for-light-lavender-but-achieving-butt-ugly-gray-instead disaster of yesterday. Live and learn, right?
I can hardly wait to cut!!!

SMF post 040514.jpg

Don't worry about the ash at all. If you don't like it, you can get rid of it. It may add something to the looks though in the end. SOmetimes it can make your soap look slightly frosted, which can look pretty cool.

To get rid of ash, you can try misting the bars with 91% rubbing alcohol, steaming the ash off if you have a steam iron or handheld steamer, or you can heat some water to pretty hot but not boiling and quickly dip the bar in and then wipe it off. WIth the dipping method, you may have to do one half and then the other but someone said it goes really quickly and you can be done in no time.

I love your soap. Excellent layers, colors and textures.

Love the natural colors! Your layers turned out nice and straight too. Very pretty bars.

Thanks so much! Yeah, the ash does add a frosted look...it's growing on me. I think I'm gonna leave it. In the few days it's been curing the bottom sea kelp layer is developing into a darker shade of olive green. I like it.

beautiful! looks kinda like Neapolitan ice cream (and that's not a bad thing at all!)

Back